• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
haha it's ok ... ill see the questions now ... abt c (ii) look at the numbers all are odd ... in the first formula given look at the numbers both even & odd... in the second formula we have the even formula so now how do we get the odd formula from those 2 given formulas simple the formula of all the numbers together - the formula of the even numbers = formula of the odd number ?? so u got it give me sometime & ill help u in the others

hello,
thanks for the explanation but what I do not really understand is why did he used the forumla of queston (C)(ii) not that in the top of the question as I think it also gives both the odd and even no.
what do you think ??:(

Reaction score
hello,
thanks for the explanation but what I do not really understand is why did he used the forumla of queston (C)(ii) not that in the top of the question as I think it also gives both the odd and even no.
what do you think ??:(
well .... first of all u should always have in mind that they dont give u any formula in the question just for fun everything under the question should be linked together ... even if we use the one at the top it has both the even & the odd right?? then how will u get the odd from it without using the formula down ... u tell me what r u thinking show me a way which u can only use the formula up to get the odd formula !

Reaction score
well .... first of all u should always have in mind that they dont give u any formula in the question just for fun everything under the question should be linked together ... even if we use the one at the top it has both the even & the odd right?? then how will u get the odd from it without using the formula down ... u tell me what r u thinking show me a way which u can only use the formula up to get the odd formula !

well , yes the top one is for even and odd ??? and I used the formula of the even no.in (b) to get the odd from it by subtracting the (b) from the top ones
that's my way and confusion too
I want to know from you what is the meaning of the first 2n natural numbers ???

please write back soon and tell me what you've been up to :(

Reaction score
well , yes the top one is for even and odd ??? and I used the formula of the even no.in (b) to get the odd from it by subtracting the (b) from the top ones
that's my way and confusion too
I want to know from you what is the meaning of the first 2n natural numbers ???

please write back soon and tell me what you've been up to :(
u cant do that .. eventhough the concept is reasonable but still ! why did they ask u to find the sum of the 2n natural numbers?? in c(i) soo here automatically u have to take in mind that c(i) & (ii) are related & that the formula in c(i) is what they want u to use ... or they wouldnt have asked u that plus even if u try ur method u wont get the right answer

Reaction score
u cant do that .. eventhough the concept is reasonable but still ! why did they ask u to find the sum of the 2n natural numbers?? in c(i) soo here automatically u have to take in mind that c(i) & (ii) are related & that the formula in c(i) is what they want u to use ... or they wouldnt have asked u that plus even if u try ur method u wont get the right answer
thanks I understood you but if that's right then why did we use the formula in (b) if that the case
Actually, I understood your method but isn't 2n natural no.are even or not ???

sorry for disturbing:unsure:

Reaction score
thanks I understood you but if that's right then why did we use the formula in (b) if that the case
Actually, I understood your method but isn't 2n natural no.are even or not ???

sorry for disturbing:unsure:
not rlly n natural number in ( a) are both even & odd so 2n is double the even & the odd it's a mixing questions i didnt get it myself at first .. it needs some thought into it :)

Reaction score
Hi all,
Please tell me the difference between paper 2 ( 21 , 22 and 23 in Math exam 580 ) , also for paper 4 (41,42 and 43)

Reaction score
When the pool is emptied - The water flows out of the cylinder with the radius 12.5 CM.
If you read 7 (c) (i), it asks us to find out the volume of the cylinder.
The answer to 7 (c) (i) should be (π X R^2 X H | Vol. of cylinder formula) π X 12.5^2 X 14 = 6872.23 (2 D.P)
The volume the pool (we calculated that in 7 (a) (ii) = 1512. This unit is in M3, we need to make it to CM3 so it has the same unit as the cylinder.
To do that we'll multiply it by 100^3, 1 000 000. So, 1512 X 1 000 000 = 1512 000 000
Now we divide 1512 000 000 by the volume of the cylinder, so.. 1512 000 000 / 6872 = 220023
This unit will be in seconds so make it minutes and then hours and then days. So first divide it by 60 then 60 and then 24.
2200023/60 = 3667.05/60 = 61.1175/24 = 2.5465625
That means it takes 2 days.
Now to get the hours, multiply the numbers after the decimal by 24.. so .5465625 X 24 = 13.1175
Therefore the answer is 2 days and 13 hours.

Reaction score
When the pool is emptied - The water flows out of the cylinder with the radius 12.5 CM.
If you read 7 (c) (i), it asks us to find out the volume of the cylinder.
The answer to 7 (c) (i) should be (π X R^2 X H | Vol. of cylinder formula) π X 12.5^2 X 14 = 6872.23 (2 D.P)
The volume the pool (we calculated that in 7 (a) (ii) = 1512. This unit is in M3, we need to make it to CM3 so it has the same unit as the cylinder.
To do that we'll multiply it by 100^3, 1 000 000. So, 1512 X 1 000 000 = 1512 000 000
Now we divide 1512 000 000 by the volume of the cylinder, so.. 1512 000 000 / 6872 = 220023
This unit will be in seconds so make it minutes and then hours and then days. So first divide it by 60 then 60 and then 24.
2200023/60 = 3667.05/60 = 61.1175/24 = 2.5465625
That means it takes 2 days.
Now to get the hours, multiply the numbers after the decimal by 24.. so .5465625 X 24 = 13.1175
Therefore the answer is 2 days and 13 hours.

Can you answer this one too ??

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Please tell me the difference between paper 2 ( 21 , 22 and 23 in Math exam 580 ) , also for paper 4 (41,42 and 43)

Reaction score
Can you answer this one too ??

thanks in advance
A diagonal is a line joining two nonconsecutive vertices of a polygon
Line of symmetry means that it can be be cut into ___ different equal parts.
P has 2 lines of symmetry and Q has one.
As far as I know there are only 4 quadrilateral shapes in our syllabus (correct me if I'm wrong). One is square, other is Rhombus, another is parallelogram and the remainder being the Kite.
Parallelogram has no lines of symmetry. Square has 4 lines of symmetry so it cannot be square. We're left with kite and rhombus.
Rhombus has 2 lines of symmetry
figure_53.gif

Kite has only 1 line of symmetry
Kite2.gif

So we just gotta sketch these diagrams in 10 a (i) and (ii)
I'm not so sure about part b)
If you want to know how I did it, here it is
Angle between side and diagonal = x. There are 2 sides meeting at the diagonal in 1 triangle.( 2 triangle add up to form the rhombus. ) So the third angle equals to 180-2x
c) Area of kite = 1/2 the area of the diagonals which is 0.5 X 12 X 20 = 120.
d) I'll get back to you on this..

Reaction score
You need to know in sets the venn diagram very well so you know that point of intersection is for example x, and that each complete circle is x+number giving on it.
For example if you have 12 students playing football only and two plays both football and hockey , and those playing hockey are 14. First of all obviously the universal is 12+14+2= 28
Now for example if you didn't have the amount of ALL students playing hockey but u had all other giving (the universal '28' , the number of students playing football, and the number of students playing both hockey and footbal '2') and where asked to find the amount of students playing hockey (including those playing football too).
Then let x= the number of student playing hockey therefore: 12 + 2 + x-2 = 28
so 14+x-2=28
x-2= 28-14
x=14+2
x=16
and if students play hockey only is required then 16-2= 14
Now you need to know that when they ask for n(P) for example you will write a value not members , if the asnwer is invalid then you put 0. If members are asked you write all the possible members in this set, and if not possible you put
d096fc15d57854ec89d746709b02e52e.png
(null sign).
Also you need to understand these symbols: (intersection) ,
(union)
(subset as in it is a small set in a larger one)

Now for the probabilty just quick tips
1- and is multiply
2-or is add
3- if it says without replacement means that you reduce the total by 1 , and this element total by 1 (i.e : if there are 15 apple , 4 are green , if he takes an apple and doesn't replace it , then probability now is 3/14)
4- Use tree diagram if you are stuck
5- if it says estimate the number of times this probability will occur in 3o spins for example if referring to a spinner having numbers from 1 to 5. If probability of it landing on 1 is o.5 , then you multiply 0.5* 30= 15 times
6- If you have too many probabilities for your answer then subtract all the unwanted probabilities from 1 to give you the answer of the wanted probability.

That is pretty much everything i can remember for now , btw i am doing edexcel not Cambridge math so i am not sure how much can this be useful for you but we are not that different in sets and probability , anyway hope i helped even a little. If you need any assistance i am ready to help you :D
May ALLAH help n bless u everytime....Thanx bro...