• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
oct/nov 2008 paper 2 questions 5 :) it ask for locus of a point from a rectangle after it has been rotated 90 clockwise please help me :D
i think u should use tracing paper (or not) rotate it 90 clockwise and draw the new diagram and do normal locus of point d in the new digram:)(y)

Reaction score
oct/nov 2008 paper 2 questions 5 :) it ask for locus of a point from a rectangle after it has been rotated 90 clockwise please help me :D

You use a compass for it. Keep the needle of compass at B, and the other point at C. Cut an arc which must be on the right of B. Use a rule, keeping it on the base line AB, till it meets the arc. Mark that point, and keep the needle of compass on it. Make another arc on the North, same size (as it is a square). Now keep the needle at point C and cut the arc you made. The point where these both new arcs intercept is point D. :D

Reaction score
You use a compass for it. Keep the needle of compass at B, and the other point at C. Cut an arc which must be on the right of B. Use a rule, keeping it on the base line AB, till it meets the arc. Mark that point, and keep the needle of compass on it. Make another arc on the North, same size (as it is a square). Now keep the needle at point C and cut the arc you made. The point where these both new arcs intercept is point D. :D
i dont get it :/ can you post a drawing or pic please :)

Reaction score
the car went fast (up) then it slowed down(down) when its slowing ul also traveled the same distance again

lol

Reaction score
Im talking about CIE IGCSE Mathematice (0580) without Coursework, are we allowed to use log function where appropriate? its not in the syllabus so will we still get marks if we get the correct answer?