• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
find the gradient of AB its 3/2 so as AB is parallel to CD so its gradient will be 3/2 too now find equation of CD using coordinates of C the equation is 2y=3x-30 now solve the equation of BC and CD simultaneously to get the coordinates of D
Thank you!

Reaction score
Quuick question, what's the difference between critical points, stationary points, max/min points, and a vertex :unsure:

Reaction score
please i have exam 2morow :
can any explain this question for me:
doubt 3.jpg

part 2 of the question i dont understand .....

:eek: :confused: :( :cry: :eek: :confused: :( :cry: :eek: :confused: :( :cry: :eek: :confused: :( :cry: :eek: :confused: :( :cry: :eek: :confused: :( :cry: :eek: :confused: :( :cry:

Reaction score
Could someone please explain me q6(all parts) of oct 2009 p31 and also q10 of 32.I know its a lot to ask but I just can't understand Vectors.Have only understood common points of intersection so far.Would appreciate if someone could teach me the fundamentals so I could get the hang of vectors.my paper is almost 2 weeks away,so urgent help required.
thanks

Reaction score
Hi i need help in this question,
1)Whenever a particular gymnast performs a certain routine,the probability that she will do so faultlessly is 0.7.Find to 3 d.p,the probabiliyies that
(a)She will perform the routine faultlessly on more than 4 occasions out of 6
(b)Use a suitable approximation method and justify the approximation method used to evaluate to 3 d.p,the probability that she will perform the routine faultlessly on more than 130 occasions out of 200.
Please help.Thanks alot.

Dug

Reaction score
please i have exam 2morow :
can any explain this question for me:
View attachment 8705

part 2 of the question i dont understand .....

:eek: :confused: :( :cry: :eek: :confused: :( :cry: :eek: :confused: :( :cry: :eek: :confused: :( :cry: :eek: :confused: :( :cry: :eek: :confused: :( :cry: :eek: :confused: :( :cry:
From part i, you get three terms i.e 1+5ax+10a^2 x^2

ii) (1-2x)(1+5ax+10a^2 x^2) :-
Find the terms of x and set them equal to 0:
5ax-2x=0
a=2/5

iii)Replace a=2/5 in the terms from part i and you get 1+2x+8/5 x^2
(1-2x)(1+2x+8/5 x^2):-
Terms in x^2:
-4x^2 + 8/5 x^2
Coefficient is -12/5

Reaction score
My IGCSE maths exam is tomorrow and I noticed that hard sequences questions now show up at the end of some of the recent past papers (the 2011 ones)
I don't really understand them, especially the parts where you're asked to work out the nth term.
I've attached the papers, the questions are at the very end of both exams.
Please explain how you got the answer
Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 0580_w11_qp_21.pdf
    210.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 0580_w11_qp_43.pdf
    279.1 KB · Views: 0
Reaction score
Please Help !!
A box contains 5 red balls and 3 white balls.A second box contains 4 red balls and 4 white balls.Two balls are drawn at random from box A and plced in box B.One ball is then drawn from the 10 balls in the second box
(a)Draw a tree diagram
(b)Determine the probability that the ball drawn from box B is red.

Reaction score
My IGCSE maths exam is tomorrow and I noticed that hard sequences questions now show up at the end of some of the recent past papers (the 2011 ones)
I don't really understand them, especially the parts where you're asked to work out the nth term.
I've attached the papers, the questions are at the very end of both exams.
Please explain how you got the answer
Any help would be appreciated!
You posted in the wrong section. This is for A-level Math

Reaction score
hi can someone of u guys help me , i do know how to do arithmetic progression and geometric progression

BUT :confused::cry: paper 12 may june 2011 question 10 .......... thank you :):)

Reaction score
Could someone please explain me q6(all parts) of oct 2009 p31 and also q10 of 32.I know its a lot to ask but I just can't understand Vectors.Have only understood common points of intersection so far.Would appreciate if someone could teach me the fundamentals so I could get the hang of vectors.my paper is almost 2 weeks away,so urgent help required.
thanks
Whoaa that was a hectic task to write all that at MS Word :\
By the way here u go !!

Attachments

• ON09P31.JPG
    ON09P31.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 10
  • ON09P32.JPG
    ON09P32.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 10

Dug

Reaction score
hi can someone of u guys help me , i do know how to do arithmetic progression and geometric progression

BUT :confused::cry: paper 12 may june 2011 question 10 .......... thank you :):)
i)
Taking theta = x
a=x rads
a6= 4x rads

S6 = 6/2 (2(x) + 5d)
We know that S6 = 2pi
2pi = 6x + 15d ----1

a6 = a + 5d
4x = x + 5d
d=3x/5 ----2

Put 2 in 1 and you should get the value of x.

The perimeter of the smallest sector = rx + r + r