• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
yuliana95 said:
Hello, It's me again.. Please help me with another question of integrating trigonometric functions.. I'm really confused I dunno how to simplify.. Please integrate this function(highlight in red): cosec^52xcot2x

Please, it's urgent.. And please give me some tips on how to integrate if there is power on the trigonometric functions, eg. sin^4x,cos^3x,etc..Thank you soo much.. :)

Here is the answer to your problem http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=in ... %5E52xcotx

And you can use the same site for your second query.

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
yuliana95 said:
Hello, It's me again.. Please help me with another question of integrating trigonometric functions.. I'm really confused I dunno how to simplify.. Please integrate this function(highlight in red): cosec^52xcot2x

Please, it's urgent.. And please give me some tips on how to integrate if there is power on the trigonometric functions, eg. sin^4x,cos^3x,etc..Thank you soo much.. :)

Here is the answer to your problem http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=in ... %5E52xcotx

And you can use the same site for your second query.

Thank you for the link.. I've open it, unfortunately, I don't understand..:( please help me, I type the problems but they showed up like this:

Reaction score
^OMG what is this? i m getting mad ..faint ambulance! :%) :crazy: so loooooooooooooooooooong calculation

Reaction score
rviboy said:
^OMG what is this? i m getting mad ..faint ambulance! :%) :crazy: so loooooooooooooooooooong calculation

Ask the website, don't ask me... :lol:

Reaction score
Such questions are beyond A'levels syllabus so you can just leave it. I searched for Cotx and the answer came. The solution you got was an alternate way of finding integrals using complex numbers so obviously you won't get it.

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
Such questions are beyond A'levels syllabus so you can just leave it. I searched for Cotx and the answer came. The solution you got was an alternate way of finding integrals using complex numbers so obviously you won't get it.

Really??? :%) I take the question from Pure Mathematics 2&3 chapter 6 Exercise 6B no.5(f) If you can please help me.. it's urgent..:(

Thank you in advance..

Reaction score
I wud be really glad if someone cud give me the worked solution of p1 and m1 of pastpapers. It is really urgent cuz my mocks are within 1 week and i am thriving my self like hell. Wud appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

Reaction score
you have marking schemes available so if u don't get any particular question post it here for detail solution. use studyguide.pk maybe u find some worked solutions. or buy topical book!

Reaction score
can anyone give me a better understanding on P1 frequently asked questions about angle between 2 gradients? with formula tan x = |m1-m2 / 1 + m1m2|? i can't find any statement on syllabus regarding this one. thanks a lot :)

Reaction score
sankyung56 said:
can anyone give me a better understanding on P1 frequently asked questions about angle between 2 gradients? with formula tan x = |m1-m2 / 1 + m1m2|? i can't find any statement on syllabus regarding this one. thanks a lot :)

As what I know, you just need to apply the formula.. but try www.studyguide.pk or examsolutions.co.uk

Reaction score
sankyung56 said:

this is simply a formula..u dont need to know how this formula came....!! but..its simple....u have two equations of line...which intersect each other at some point......now, if they intersect, they definitely make some angle....now...U can find out two slopes called m1 and m2 for easy...from above two equations..and put the value in that formula to get that angle..>!!

Reaction score
g(x)=4-3Sinx.... Inverse g(x)= Sin-1(4-x)/3 ... ani..put the value x=3 in inverse of g(x) to get the value