• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
hikarigenzo said:
Thx man, I also did the same, but why still cant get the answer? Is it my calculator's problem

i think u put it in degree mode...!! so thats happening..!! yeah....calculators problem

Reaction score
plz cud anyone solve this :oops:
If the co-efficient of x^2 in expansion of (1+ ax + 3x^2)(1/2 - 2x)^5 is 13/2, then find the coefficient of x^3.

Reaction score
Mubarka said:
If the co-efficient of x^2 in expansion of (1+ ax + 3x^2)(1/2 - 2x)^5 is 13/2, then find the coefficient of x^3.
AoA!
Is the answer -265/8 ?

Reaction score
Mubarka said:
xpand (1/2 - 2x)^5...there's a formula...!! but i forgot it...look at the formula and..xpand upto x^2...and then multiply with (1+ax+3x^2) and...
u will get
some of the terms of x^3....as in _x^3....and other _x^3 now..add those coefficient of X^3 and equate it to zero to get the value of a

Reaction score
Can some one please explain how do we get the upper and lower quartiles in November 09 paper 6 Q4(ii)?

Reaction score
also:
5 (a) Find how many numbers between 5000 and 6000 can be formed from the digits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
(i) if no digits are repeated, [2]
(ii) if repeated digits are allowed. [2]

(b) Find the number of ways of choosing a school team of 5 pupils from 6 boys and 8 girls
(i) if there are more girls than boys in the team, [4]
(ii) if three of the boys are cousins and are either all in the team or all not in the team. [3]

Reaction score
4 (a) (i) Find how many different four-digit numbers can be made using only the digits 1, 3, 5 and 6
with no digit being repeated. [1]
(ii) Find how many different odd numbers greater than 500 can be made using some or all of
the digits 1, 3, 5 and 6 with no digit being repeated. [4]
(b) Six cards numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 are arranged randomly in a line. Find the probability that the
cards numbered 4 and 5 are not next to each other.

please explain this one too. sorry im really bad with permutations and combinations.:(

Reaction score
Help ! A sledge accelerates down a hill with a gradient of 28%(that is, at an angle of sin^-1 0.28 to the horizontal). At the foot of the hill the ground flattens out horizontally, and the sledge comes to rest in 40m after 10s. Find the speed of the sledge at the bottom of the hill, and the value of the coefficient of friction. Assuming that the coefficient of friction is the same throughout the ride, find the acceleration down the hill, and how far up the hill sledge was to begin with.

Answer: 8m/s, 0.08 (coefficient of friction),2.03(acceleration), 15.7m

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
assalamoalaikum..

cuz u are to find the volume...to find the volume...u got to square the eqn of the curve given..then integrate and then multiply by pi!

for finding area u just integrate the given eqn!

Reaction score
Can anyone please be kind enough to send me a PDF with notes explaining AS trigonometry.. i especially need help in the graph part, e.g find the range for 1-2tan(x/2)

thank you !!

Reaction score
Find the first three terms in the expansion, in ascending power of x, of (2+5x)^12. By substituting a sutible value for x, find an approximation to 2.005^12 to 2 decimal places. (Ans: 4220.57)

Thank you for helping.

Reaction score
tanmaydube said:
Find the first three terms in the expansion, in ascending power of x, of (2+5x)^12. By substituting a sutible value for x, find an approximation to 2.005^12 to 2 decimal places. (Ans: 4220.57)

Thank you for helping.

This is the best I can write on paint.. Sorry for the poor writing.. :oops:

Attachments

• answer.jpg
    answer.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 117