• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Help Me please ! the part one of this question :/

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
3 The first three terms in the expansion of (1 2x)^2(1 + ax)^6, in ascending powers of x, are 1 x + bx^2.

Find the values of the constants a and b. [6]

I don't know how to multiply after expansion !! please can anyone help ?

Reaction score
Help Me please ! the part one of this question :/
parti r= 1/(1/3tan x) hence r=3/tan(x)^2 it must be r must be less then 1 to be convergent hence
3/tan(x)^2 <1 hence tanx < under root 3 hence x< tan^-1 (under root of 3 ))
am i rite?

Reaction score
3 The first three terms in the expansion of (1 2x)^2(1 + ax)^6, in ascending powers of x, are 1 x + bx^2.

Find the values of the constants a and b. [6]

I don't know how to multiply after expansion !! please can anyone help ?
how man..u dont know how to multiply 2 brackets..like for example u never ever multiplied (1+3x)(1+2x)..i dont think so :S

Reaction score
g(x) = 8 − (x 2)^2, for k x 4, where k is a constant.
(iii) find an expression for g1(x),

how to find g inverse? Cuz I have no idea y they don't take plus or minus when they square root ! they only take plus , can someone explain me ? please

Reaction score
how man..u dont know how to multiply 2 brackets..like for example u never ever multiplied (1+3x)(1+2x)..i dont think so :S
duhh Multiplication and then how to equate them ? if you can please explain me how to find a and b please :D

Reaction score
parti r= 1/(1/3tan x) hence r=3/tan(x)^2 it must be r must be less then 1 to be convergent hence
3/tan(x)^2 <1 hence tanx < under root 3 hence x< tan^-1 (under root of 3 ))
am i rite?
LoL I don't know what convergent means ! that's the problem :p

Reaction score
duhh Multiplication and then how to equate them ? if you can please explain me how to find a and b please :D
alright man first of all you have to expand (1+ax)^6 using the binomial theorem ( i guess u have learnt that as it is part of ur syllabus) but not all of it like expand it up to the term x^3 onlyyy then expand (1-2x)^2 and multiply it with the answer u got when u did the binomial theorem..once u get an answer tell me..ok ? if u dont know how to use the binomial theorem then tell me also

Reaction score
Guys, I have a question.
What is the most difficult P1 paper you have solved... ever? :p

Reaction score
Guys, I have a question.
What is the most difficult P1 paper you have solved... ever? :p
haha u want the hardest paper everrrr? then try 2012 may june 22..damn i did that paper in may june and i had to take math again because of its difficulty

Reaction score
haha u want the hardest paper everrrr? then try 2012 may june 22..damn i did that paper in may june and i had to take math again because of its difficulty

I did that, it was easy compared to november 11 p12. I couldn't even finish it, it exhausted me.

Reaction score
hello,
i need help on Question no 1 of 9709/11/m/j/10 (may june 2010 paper 11)
Thank you
please do reply!

Reaction score
Please Nov2012 v.13 no.6 i . no.7 ii , 8 iii ) , 9 all , 10 iii
11 ) ii and iv .. this paper is so hard for me :(