• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: Maths help available here!!! Stuck somewhere?? Ask here!

Ghalya001 said:
This was a question i encountered in our Co-ordinate geometry class . I found the co-ordinates of one vertex but equating the equations by there's no way except the graph work i think this can be solved !! It might seem easy to you guys but its given me a hell already !! :x

The equations of two sides of a square are y = 3x - 1 and x + 3y -6 = 0. If ( 0, -1) is one vertex of the square find the coordinates of the other vertices.

:: Core Maths 3rd Edition; Pg 91, Q 11.

Answers = ( 9/10 , 17/10 ) <-- Found it !!
Other two can be
Either ( -18/10 , 26/10 ) and ( -27/10 , -19/10 )
Or ( 36/10 , 8/10 ) and ( 27/10, -19/10) !!

Attachments

• scan0125 (744x1024).jpg
    scan0125 (744x1024).jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 161
  • scan0126 (743x1024).jpg
    scan0126 (743x1024).jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 155
  • scan0127 (744x1024).jpg
    scan0127 (744x1024).jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 155
Reaction score

Could anyone quickly revise how synthetic division is done (preferably with an example)? Thanks. :)

Reaction score

@Destined007 Thankyou !! But mera bhi to socho !! My hand actually died cuz of this question !! :D :D :D Btw the note really made me laugh...Chh Chh Poor you :D

Reaction score

question is . :O: The function f(x) = 1+bx + a has a maximum value of 4 where x= -1 . find the value of a and b. PLZ SOMEONE HELP ME IN THIS> REALLY NEED HELP. Can someone solve this and explain his steps and method plz. i will be very grateful. :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

Reaction score

kronix6 said:
question is . :O: The function f(x) = 1+bx + c has a maximum value of 4 where x= -1 . find the value of a and b. PLZ SOMEONE HELP ME IN THIS> REALLY NEED HELP. Can someone solve this and explain his steps and method plz. i will be very grateful. :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

Where's 'a' in your question?

Reaction score

Ghalya001 said:
@Destined007 Thankyou !! But mera bhi to socho !! My hand actually died cuz of this question !! :D :D :D Btw the note really made me laugh...Chh Chh Poor you :D
Welcome :)

Reaction score

see your solution doesn't show the arrangement of different colors by their quantity. like 2R 1B 1G etc.

Reaction score

destined007 said:
kronix6 said:
question is . :O: The function f(x) = 1+bx + c has a maximum value of 4 where x= -1 . find the value of a and b. PLZ SOMEONE HELP ME IN THIS> REALLY NEED HELP. Can someone solve this and explain his steps and method plz. i will be very grateful. :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

lol sorry that c is actually a. i wrote it wrong.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

destined007 said:
see your solution doesn't show the arrangement of different colors by their quantity. like 2R 1B 1G etc.
aoa!!

Jazak Alllah Khair! I'll try doing it again today, InshaAllah. If I am unable to, then will ask you again! :unknown: :)

Reaction score

destined007 said:
kronix6 said:

the c is the a . my mistake .

Reaction score

Q) f(x)= 1+ bx + ax^2 the maximum value is 4 where x= -1 find a and b.

y=1+bx+ax^2
when x=-1, y=4
4=1+b(-1)+a(-1)^2
3=-b+a-----(i)
b=a-3

differentiate the function
dy/dx= b+2ax
when y is max or min, dy/dx =0
In this case when x=-1, y is max
therefore, b+2a(-1)=0
b-2a=0-----(ii)

solve simultaneounly
b-2a=0
a-3-2a=0
-a-3=0
a=-3

b=a-3
b=-3-3
b=-6

Reaction score

Okay so last night i was doing some circular measure questions and this question was causing loads of problems :evil:

:: Core Maths, Chapter 10, Q 6 ( i ) ( l )

=> Write down, as a fraction of (pie), the possible values of x in the range 0 (less than and equal to ) x ( less than and equal to ) 2 pie.

~ sin x = -1/2
ans :: x = 7/6 pie, 11/6 pie

~sin x = - 1 / (under root) 2
ans :: x = 5/4 pie, 7/4 pie

P.S. If some has any link to any videos related to this chapter, do post em here. This was such a mess at school :cry:

Reaction score

Ghalya001 said:
Okay so last night i was doing some circular measure questions and this question was causing loads of problems :evil:

=> Write down, as a fraction of (pie), the possible values of x in the range 0 (less than and equal to ) x ( less than and equal to ) 2 pie.

~ sin x = -1/2

P.S. If some has any link to any videos related to this chapter, do post em here. This was such a mess at school :cry:

Attachments

• scan0140 (744x1024).jpg
    scan0140 (744x1024).jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 136
Reaction score

Ghalya001 said:

~ sin x = -1/2

have a look at this:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10804
and
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10873 (for further reference)

Reaction score

ploease help me solve this problem
the roof of a house has a rectangle base of side 4 metre by 8 metre. the ridge line of the roof is 6 metre long, and centered 1 metre above the base of the roof. calculate the acute angle between two opposite slanting edge of the roof

Reaction score

Done with partial fraction..dont know the next part..kindly guide me as it comes in every paper..!

Attachments

• binomial.jpg
    binomial.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 149
Reaction score

^ LOL Why post so many times ? One would have got answered as well !! :crazy: