• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
after you find out the equation of BC which turns out to be 3y+2x=20, substitute y=0 for C. So the coordinates are C(10,0). To find D, we know that AB is parallel to CD. So count the number of steps (i.e from A-B, the x-coordinate moves from -2 to 2, and y-coordinate from 8 to 14. So similarly, we move 4 units right and 6 units up from C to D) Voila!.... D(14, 6) :)

Thanks

Reaction score
Hello .. can u help me with this ...
Show that ,
integral of tan2x =1/2 Insec2x + c

i am not that good in integration ... every time we perform a new thing ! .. is there a specific formula which applies to all integrations .. help

Reaction score
Hello .. can u help me with this ...
Show that ,
integral of tan2x =1/2 Insec2x + c

i am not that good in integration ... every time we perform a new thing ! .. is there a specific formula which applies to all integrations .. help

tan2x = sin2x/cos2x
integration of sin2x/cos2x = -0.5(ln(cos2x)+c = o.5ln(cos2x)^-1 +c = 0.5ln(sec2x) +c

integrate cos^2(x)

use the double angle formula for this one
cos^2(x) = (cos2x+1)/2

Reaction score
question 2 - Nov 2004 - mechanics 1 ( paper 4)

i found out (i) so easily . but can anyone explain for me part (ii) ? :(

Reaction score
tan2x = sin2x/cos2x
integration of sin2x/cos2x = -0.5(ln(cos2x)+c = o.5ln(cos2x)^-1 +c = 0.5ln(sec2x) +c

cos^2(x) = (cos2x+1)/2

can u ( plz ) post some of the formulas ... because i first time hear of double angle formula ! >> formulas which are not inside the book

Reaction score
tan2x = sin2x/cos2x

cos^2(x) = (cos2x+1)/2

can u ( plz ) post some of the formulas ... because i first time hear of double angle formula ! >> formulas which are not inside the book