• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Oh t
I pressumed you had problem with the (a) part so here's the solution.
First of all, convert dx in the du form;
u = sin2x
du/dx = 2cos2x (Differential of u)
therefore dx = du/2cos2x

y = sin^3 2x . cos^3 2x . du/2cos2x
Therefore after cancelling the cox2x, the remainder is

sin^3 2x . cos^2 x . du/2

Therefore this can also be written as:

sin^3x . (1-sin^2 2x) . du/2 (using the identity sin^2 2x + cos^2 2x = 1)

Now replace sin 2x with 'u'.

u^3 . (1-u^2) . du/2
u^3 -u^5 . du/2
Now integrate this and put the limits, you'll the the answer. But make sure to convert the limits into 'u' term.

Oh thankyou so much! but i am confused as to what limits are we supposed to put. One will '0' and the other will be?
Also can u please help me with part b).
Thanks!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Oh t

Oh thankyou so much! but i am confused as to what limits are we supposed to put. One will '0' and the other will be?
Also can u please help me with part b).
Thanks!

You can get limits by placing y = 0 and therefore sin^3 2x . cos^3 2x = 0
you'll get 'o' and '1/4pi'

Limits would be '0' and '1' in case of 'u'. You can get them by using the equation ' u = sin2x '
Place (0 and 1/4pi)
u = sin2(0)
u = sin2(1/4pi)

You'd get 0 and 1, now apply this in the integral in 'u' form.

Alternatively, you could also apply the inital limits obtained i.e: (0 and 1/4pi) But for that, you'd need to replace 'u' by sin2x which would be more complicated.

I'll solve part (b) as soon as I get time.

Reaction score
You can get limits by placing y = 0 and therefore sin^3 2x . cos^3 2x = 0
you'll get 'o' and '1/4pi'

Limits would be '0' and '1' in case of 'u'. You can get them by using the equation ' u = sin2x '
Place (0 and 1/4pi)
u = sin2(0)
u = sin2(1/4pi)

You'd get 0 and 1, now apply this in the integral in 'u' form.

Alternatively, you could also apply the inital limits obtained i.e: (0 and 1/4pi) But for that, you'd need to replace 'u' by sin2x which would be more complicated.

I'll solve part (b) as soon as I get time.

Thankyou so much!!

Reaction score
for those who have done A level math ...is it possible to complete UNDERSTANDING and completing the course with a tutor of a level math in two months ?? just the completion of course. later i want to practice on my own
plss reply soon

Reaction score
for those who have done A level math ...is it possible to complete UNDERSTANDING and completing the course with a tutor of a level math in two months ?? just the completion of course. later i want to practice on my own
plss reply soon

Reaction score
Given that f : x  2x^2+8x - 10 for the domain x greater than or equal to  k,
(iv) find the least value of k for which f is one-one

How will we do this part?

Reaction score
Plz help me , how to solve this question >> May/June paper 41 2013 << ignore part (iv)

Picture 1234.png

Reaction score
Plz help me , how to solve this question >> May/June paper 41 2013 << ignore part (iv)

(i) Differentiate the displacement equation in order to get the velocity equation. Put the velocity '0' because it's at rest at point B.
You'd get time 0 and 100 seconds.
Put 100 in the original equation and you'll get distance of 1170 m

(ii) Differentiate the equation of velocity you found out in part (i) and then put acceleration = 0. This is because at max velocity, acceleration would be 'o'.
You'd get time 0 and 66.7 seconds. Place this in the velocity equation and you'll get speed of 20.8 m/s

(iii) (a) Here, the acceleration would be '0' as it's starting it's journey. (t=0)
(b) In this part, place t= 100 you obtained in the (i) part into acceleration equation and you'd get the acceleration of -1.404 m/s^2

Hope it helps.

Reaction score
Assalamualikum,
Can you post notes or any links for probability and probability distribution (Alevels).
It will be really helpful.

Reaction score
(i) Differentiate the displacement equation in order to get the velocity equation. Put the velocity '0' because it's at rest at point B.
You'd get time 0 and 100 seconds.
Put 100 in the original equation and you'll get distance of 1170 m

(ii) Differentiate the equation of velocity you found out in part (i) and then put acceleration = 0. This is because at max velocity, acceleration would be 'o'.
You'd get time 0 and 66.7 seconds. Place this in the velocity equation and you'll get speed of 20.8 m/s

(iii) (a) Here, the acceleration would be '0' as it's starting it's journey. (t=0)
(b) In this part, place t= 100 you obtained in the (i) part into acceleration equation and you'd get the acceleration of -1.404 m/s^2

Hope it helps.

Thanks a lot , it is very helpful

Reaction score
Plz help me with this also
thank u v much
Q6 (i) and Q7 (i)

Apply quotient rule to 1/cosx and you'd get secx as the answer. Now all you need to do is differentiate the given equation.
It can be done by the following way;

(1/(secx + tanx) ) . dy/dx (secx) + dy/dx(tanx)

secxtanx + sec^2x/secx + tanx

Solve it and you'd get the answer.

Q7(i) 1.png