• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
MATH A2 PAPER 3 2013 OCTOBER

PLEase reply

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-26-02-14-02-1.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-26-02-14-02-1.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
Hey guys is there any resource to get MATHS P3 notes ? I really dont understand vectors and complex numbers. :\
here u go.... i don't remember where i found these notes (probably somewhere here on xpf) but they helped me quite a lot with my p1 and p3.... hope it helps... :)

Attachments

• MAths note P1 and P3.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
Reaction score
^those are useless for p3 -_- . try searchin online you will get them or buy the cie endorsed book for p3 that helps.

Reaction score
A particular solution of the differential equation

3 y^2 dy/dx=4 ( y^3 + 1 )cos^2(x)

is such that y = 2 when x = 0. The diagram shows a sketch of the graph of this solution for 0 ≤ x ≤ 20;
the graph has stationary points at A and B. Find the y-coordinates of A and B, giving each coordinate
correct to 1 decimal place.

october november 2013 paper 33

Reaction score
^those are useless for p3 -_- . try searchin online you will get them or buy the cie endorsed book for p3 that helps.
then find me some good ones and help me with this stuf....

how desperate am i that i find help for maths in some sucky notes _-_
on a serious note though... i did integration and differentiation recently from these starting from the very basics (P1) and working towards almost the end and felt like it did help me....

Reaction score
then find me some good ones and help me with this stuf....

how desperate am i that i find help for maths in some sucky notes _-_
on a serious note though... i did integration and differentiation recently from these starting from the very basics (P1) and working towards almost the end and felt like it did help me....
where are your doubts :mad::p

Reaction score
A particular solution of the differential equation

3 y^2 dy/dx=4 ( y^3 + 1 )cos^2(x)

is such that y = 2 when x = 0. The diagram shows a sketch of the graph of this solution for 0 ≤ x ≤ 20;
the graph has stationary points at A and B. Find the y-coordinates of A and B, giving each coordinate
correct to 1 decimal place.

october november 2013 paper 33
I don't have a copy of o/n 2013 papers yet. Can you attach the paper and repost??

Reaction score
Anyone please help.
9709/ 32/MJ/10 question no.8
things I didn't mention in the picture
cos2x = 2(cosx)^2 - 1
1+cos2x = 2(cosx)^2
I directly substituted this in the sum while finding both modulus and argument

and the last line about getting theta for argument
it's easy to understand how tan inverse of tanx = x
(I used x for angle)

Attachments

• 20140326_184630.jpg
    20140326_184630.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
Reaction score
MATH A2 PAPER 3 2013 OCTOBER

PLEase reply
here i'll just explain the procedure and see if u can do it then.... if not then i'll solve it out for u ... so here goes...

the circle with centre O has the radius r ... however the circle with the center A has the radius AB. so first step will be to find AB (radius of the circle with center A)
AB^2 = r^2 + r^2 - 2(r)(r)Cos(pie - 2thita)

this from the cosine rule.... and triangle BOA. u will then get the expression for the length of AB.
the angle (pie-2theeta) comes from the fact that in triangle BOA, OB and OA are equal so angleOBA=angleOAB=theeta

the shaded region is made up of a sector with (center A and radii AB=AC ) and two equal segments.

find the area of the sector BAC from the formula
(2theeta/2pie)*(pie)(AB)^2

Now u have to find the area of the segments. take one segment first.
calculate the area of sector BOA.
calculate the area of triangle BOA.
(area of sector - area of traingle)=area of segment

Area of shaded region = (area of sector BAC) + 2(area of segment)
[(pie)(R)^2]/2 = xyz + 2abc

(xyz and abc are watever areas u get)

If this whole stuf is too confusing then tell me and i'll solve it and try to send u a pic of that. toodles :) but it will be better if u work through these steps one by one with ur pen and paper in hand and not just read it and become confused as hell :p