• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
oh okay.
So the question says "reflex" angle which means it's greater than 180 degree and less than 360 degree, which falls in 3rd and 4th quadrant where sin(theta) is negative. So you use a negative sign to indicate that.

Reaction score
The complex one.
Note that for the diagram question, the origin of my circle should be at (0,2) but it looks like it's slightly higher. I only realised that later so yeah just imagine it like that :)
y61043tYKCSJ1WVaRffY305H.jpg
farhan141

Reaction score
Um, why did you eliminate x if x>0? x can't be 1 only.
No I divided by x on both sides.
I justified this by reminding that x>0 so it cannot be equal to zero.
If you divide zero on both sides you can run into all sorts of trouble. But as long as x is not zero you can divide on both sides like that.
Or you can think of it as just factoring out x. Then the second bracket can be equated to zero as well.

Reaction score
If you divide zero on both sides you can run into all sorts of trouble. But as long as x is not zero you can divide on both sides like that.
Or you can think of it as just factoring out x. Then the second bracket can be equated to zero as well.

Ohhh, right. Thanks a lot!

Reaction score

Whole 5 and 6 question.

Also please do both integration ones from the previous ones i uploaded. Thanks for the others, will look into it in a while then will let u know

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
s1.JPG 1.JPG
help in part ii
i didnt take log function so how they expect me to use it
also i cant understand the answer help me i always leave this q blank
i want clear explanation and an alternative to log function if possible in part II

Last edited: