• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guyz i need advice for p3
I have done topical once of whole subject..I dont have much time now for p3 and i am also not good in p3 now should i do yearly or topical(like 10-20 question of each chap)?

Reaction score
Do u have notes of geometrical effects of multiplication and division of complex numbers?
No, I know that multiplying a number by i adds pi/2 to its argument and multiplying it by a real number multiplies its length in the argand diagram

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone part 3 with solution?
Use trigonometry... draw a triangle AOD(with the perpendicular) and find the length of all sides. You have vectors AO, OD and can find AD. Find the magnitude of these vectors(they will be the lengths of the sides of the triangle). Now find an angle AOD or ADO and use the angle to find the perpendicular's distance using basic trig.
Check my diagram to understand this.

Attachments

• Inked1556105124566518049611_LI.jpg
    Inked1556105124566518049611_LI.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
No, I know that multiplying a number by i adds pi/2 to its argument and multiplying it by a constant multiplies its length in the argand diagram
Alright and will division do the reverse? And what if it is multiplied by a complex number?