• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
This doesn't become a composite function like that! isn't the range of f(x) the domain of g(x)??
Is this the official ms?
Like all the questions I've solved is literally nothing like this!
Actually yes the answer is 2/3 but you people are saying the wrong concept,
since range of f(x) is >4, substiuting 4 in g(x), it gives us 2/3 therefore 0<gf(x)<2/3 but we don't take the domain of f(x)

Reaction score
Actually yes the answer is 2/3 but you people are saying the wrong concept,
since range of f(x) is >4, substiuting 4 in g(x), it gives us 2/3 therefore 0<gf(x)<2/3 but we don't take the domain of f(x)
We NEED the domain to calculate the range of the function fx. How can we do this without it?

Reaction score
We NEED the domain to calculate the range of the function fx. How can we do this without it?
I have no idea what method are you using but using my method is the same answer, I'm still taking the fact that x<1 when I say f(x)>4

Reaction score
In examiner report it is mentioned that we cannot place minus sign on printed line. Does this apply to fractions, dy/dx and square roots as well?

Reaction score
In examiner report it is mentioned that we cannot place minus sign on printed line. Does this apply to fractions, dy/dx and square roots as well?
Which year of the examiner report is this? I think if we make our line prominent then it's not an issue

Reaction score
For the love of God can someone please say how the paper was
well i personally think the paper was difficult and different than others, in a sense that they were 2 question which brought out a-lot of doubts rest was fine. hoping the threshold will be low than usual. Btw i did 12