• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
The 8 mark question was basically asking us to firstly find the equation of the tangent to curve C1 and that same tangent will intersect somewhere with curve C2. Secondly find the value of k which was found out by using the formula b^2-4ac=0. You will ultimately be finding out the point of intersection of tangent with curve C2 which was (1.5 , 1) for me. Well, I am from Riyadh and mine was also v 12 so let's hope for the best, as soon as i handed over my paper to the invigilator, every student around me seemed to be so frustrated and all. Personally i did not feel that it was tough but lengthy.

Reaction score
yeah, the ans is 0.173 you do ( 1.5X + X) and find the new EX and VARX
Some people told me you have to multiply the final answer by 2, since it could be either of the plants, hopefully I did not make a mistake in another question, as threshold can be 45

Reaction score
upload_2019-5-14_3-16-41.pngIsnt it without replacement? for part 2?My solution:
p(3,5) *2 =(4/5 *1/4)*2 but they havent reduced the total in second term why?

Reaction score
Friends were to be divided into 3 boats so it's a selection/combination. 3 seat, 2 seat and 1 seat boats were available so 6C3*3C2*1C1=60 is the answer. Common mistake some people made was that they used permutations.
I solved it incorrectly and used permutations ....Unfortunately.