• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
in question number 1 i tried alot! to do but still the answer is not coming correct......so i wanted to know where i am going wrong

Reaction score
try that because it never gets wrong. squaring both sides and then solving fails in some questions.

Reaction score
talhajohar.......in your reply to jason .......in functions question , (iii) part , second last line the value should be -9 not -18

right?

Reaction score
there is a question that
find equivalent values of x equivalent to trignometric ratios given
sin(-260) ??
answers are 80 and 100.
i got 80 as -260 is in 2nd quadrant moving clockwise so formula will be -180-(-260)=80
but cant find 100 how???
plz help...

also cos(-200) and cos(-30)??
i would be grateful if someone explains clockwise movement in trignometry.

Reaction score
the best way to do this is to remeber that sin is negative in the third and fourth quadrant. make two seperate diagrams for this

Reaction score
hassam said:
AoA!
(i) to find the vector equation of the line MN, you require the position vector of a point on the line, say OM and the direction vector MN.
AB = OB - OA = 2i + 2j - 2k
AM = 1/2 AB = i + j - k
This allows you to calculate OM.
OM = OA + AM = 2i + j - 2k

AC = OC - OA = 3i - 3j + 3k
AN = 2 NC ===> AN = 2/3 AC
=> AN = 2i - j + k
MN = AN - AM = i - 2j + 2k
So the vector equation of MN is r = 2i + j - 2k + s(i - 2j + 2k), where s is any parameter.

(ii) The vector equation of BC would be r = 3i + 2j - 3k + t(i - 5j + 5k)
Equate the two equations. Find out the values of the parameters, s & t. Inserting the found values into any equation will give you the position vector of P. :)