• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
so generally i have to use cc when n is a large number and p is not too far from 0.5 so when can i know when to use the normal distribution without cc??
itl be written in the qs that X follows a normal distribution or X-N
and i didnt get what u mean by p is not too far from 0.5...............Just check if np or nq >5

Reaction score
can some please please explain the 2nd part?
how do we calculate the number of combinations for both albert and tracy to be on the committee?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
sorry for the late reply dude but first here you have to use normal to calculate the probability
P(x>32.4865)
26.4+1.645(3.7)=32.4865
once u have standardized ul find the probability of very slow which is 0.05 use binomial then and ur done :p
the thing is i dont get the probability as 0.05
can u show me how? :unsure:

Reaction score
for s11 qp 62
the second choice of cards means P(0,4)=P(0)*P(4)
P(4)=p(5,9)*2+p(4.8)*2

Reaction score
for w11

watches "Kops and kids " can either be: 1- a male who watches it >>> probability : 13/30 ( total number of students is 30)
2- a female who watches it >>>> probability 3/ 30
then there are probability of females, but since u already considered the females who watch the show , then here take those who don't watch the show , so the probability becomes 9/30
add them all and u get the required probability in the question​

Reaction score
Im so gonna flunk tomorrows exam.. :'(
i suck at perms/combs.. :/
I was terrible at them too! But there are some amazing videos on examsolutions.co.uk You should check them out, I understood everything perfectly and I rarely get stuck on permutations and combinations any more!

Reaction score
I was terrible at them too! But there are some amazing videos on examsolutions.co.uk You should check them out, I understood everything perfectly and I rarely get stuck on permutations and combinations any more!
Ahaan.. thanks.. i watched khan academy's videos on youtube they didnt help much.. :/
thanks for the tip will check them right now. :)

Reaction score
cn smone anser that GREENGAGE question of mine........?
wats the problem in my soln......8!/3! - 7!/3!

Reaction score
Best of luk evry1 giving stats1! 1 suggestion especially if have problems managing time!
Like me DONT read the whole ppr before starting to attempt it wastes time!

Reaction score
Best of luk evry1 giving stats1! 1 suggestion especially if have problems managing time!
aoa wr wb!
not only does it wastes time, but also puts u in tension if u see smthng that u dont know..
another suggestion...if u're stuck at some question...or if u feel its difficult..leave it and do the others first rather than trying to figure out how to do...

come back to it later...and try not to leave any question...do something, even if u think its wrong, but dont leave it blank

Reaction score
Find the number of different ways in which the 9 letters of the word GREENGAGE can be
arranged if exactly two of the Gs are next to each other.
bt please...address my soln....dont post any other soln....i hv already done by an alternative way bt want to knw the problem with this method