• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
smzimran Wow you are great man! Thanks loads. :) But hey can u tell me how do you separate the variables? That's my big problem. Kinda Cross-multiplication?

Reaction score
smzimran Wow you are great man! Thanks loads. :) But hey can u tell me how do you separate the variables? That's my big problem. Kinda Cross-multiplication?
Thats easy, just take all y terms to L.H.S
The trick is:
(1) If the other side has a common denominator,
take that denominator to the other side and it becomes numerator, then next take the numerator to the other side as well!

(2) If the other side doesnot have a common denominator, take LCM get a common denominator and do step (1)

Reaction score
Thats easy, just take all y terms to L.H.S
The trick is:
(1) If the other side has a common denominator,
take that denominator to the other side and it becomes numerator, then next take the numerator to the other side as well!

(2) If the other side doesnot have a common denominator, take LCM get a common denominator and do step (1)
Thanks a lot! I'll pray for you to get good grades. U really helped me. :)

Reaction score
Hey parthrocks I like the questions u’ve been asking. There’s always something I learn from them. They are not like the questions ive been working till now.
I could answer only part a. L Please others help us.
It is easier to convert radians into degrees to manipulate the values.
Sin (π/12)
= sin 15
= sin (45- 30)
= sin45 cos30 –cos45 sin30
=( 1/√2 X (√3)/2 ) – ( 1/√2 X ½ )
=( √3 – 1 ) / 2√2

Tan (π/12)
= tan( 45-30)
= (tan 45 – tan30) / (1 + tan45 tan30)
=(1 – 1/√3) / (1 + 1/√3)
Simplify and get
= (√3 -1 ) / (√3 +1 )