• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
for q 9 i ..
U can quickly sketch a graph or easier method is you make a table and substitute x values for y values !! The then write
Smaller value<X<larger value
In the table use values like 0,45,90,135,180 , if u want and have time u can do till 360 degrees also

Reaction score
and please in nov11 #2 how do i know the number of roots for the equation without drawing the graph? http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...S Level/Mathematics (9709)/9709_w11_qp_11.pdf
For the first part you HAVE to sketch .. The. State the number of solutions .. Let's say 2
So then you check the other question it says upto 20pie but u have till 0-2pie .. So u consider o-2pie as one revolution and then count number of revolutions u need .. Till 20 pie it will be around 10 maybe .. And u have for one resolution 2 solutions so for 10 resolutions .. Just multiply

Reaction score
Maths is easy guys , what you have prepared by own its good
Dont study one day before
Take a chill pill enjoy the time , dont take tension else trust me
You will ruin your grade

Reaction score
no problemo :) butt ummm *ahem ahem not a boy ahe ahem* :p
see the he proved my point :D . i am not alone in this world xD

the whole question here goes
5i) -2=a-bcos(0r 360) cause in inverted graph ) 0 or 360 whould have lowest value
10=a-bcos(180) now solve them simultaneously
5ii) a-bcos(x) = 0 solve it by sub the values of a and b found in first part

5iii) well draw the graph it will be a inverted graph of cos translated a times with amplitude of b i guess

Reaction score
The angle of the bigger sector is 2π - (angle of smaller sector) and the angle of smaller sector is π-1 so
2π-(π-1) = 2π-π+1 = π+1

use the easier aproach of area of circle - R1 it would save time as it is straight forward

Reaction score
Thanku Magenta and A star :D
those were pretty simple actually o_O I guess its just the last minute stress taking the toll on me :p never mind -_- :p
and hahah yeah A star I was thinking the same thing :p lolx My avatar did it again :p xD