• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Nov 2012 .

Ah all right, so it's asking for the speed of the particle at O, which is where it starts to move from.
Obviously at this point the displacement will be 0, so we have to integrate the equation given for velocity and take it as 0.
This is because of the rule, which I'm assuming you know:

Displacement ---> Velocity ---> Acceleration (Differentiate)
Displacement <--- Velocity <--- Acceleration (Integrate)

Once you integrate it and take it as 0, you should get t = 80.
Now just put this value of t back into your equation for velocity, it should give you your speed.
Hope you got it x)

Reaction score
Ah all right, so it's asking for the speed of the particle at O, which is where it starts to move from.
Obviously at this point the displacement will be 0, so we have to integrate the equation given for velocity and take it as 0.
This is because of the rule, which I'm assuming you know:

Displacement ---> Velocity ---> Acceleration (Differentiate)
Displacement <--- Velocity <--- Acceleration (Integrate)

Once you integrate it and take it as 0, you should get t = 80.
Now just put this value of t back into your equation for velocity, it should give you your speed.
Hope you got it x)
i got it Alhamdulelah , A big thanks :)

Reaction score
what paper do u recommend it to me to do it , as i don't have enough time .. a paper has a lot of ideas ?

Reaction score

It's given you the maximum velocity, at max velocity acceleration is 0.

So, since we have the equation for velocity , we need to change it to acceleration by differentiating it.
This gives us , 12ot-3t^2
We take this as 0 and find the value of t

120t-3t^2 = 0
3t(40t-4) = 0
t= 40

Now that we have a value of t , replace it in the original equation for velocity and take velocity as 6.4 since thats it's max.
k(60t^2-t^3) = 6.4
k(32000) = 6.4
k= 6.4/32000
k= 0.0002

Hope you get it x)

i got it Alhamdulelah , A big thanks :)

You're welcome.