• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
UB4pgcM.jpg
Oh ok, I didn't visualize it as being the equation of the line. Thanks.

Reaction score
Ohh got it! Thanks man :).

How's ur prep overall? How is S1 going? What abt Physics and Chem?

60 - 70 %. Chemistry is OK. Math P3 needs some practice. I rock in Physics but I was never good in Statistics (S1 in this case) .

How about you?

Reaction score
y=-x+2-----Equation of line
How did you managed to get the other co-ordinates?
(2,0) And?

Thanks is advance...........
Consider arg(z) = 3/4*pi
This represents the set of points whose argument is 3/4*pi. In other words, this is a line which makes the angle 3/4*pi radians with the x axes (in anticlockwise direction).
By doing tan(3/4*pi), we can find the gradient of the line, which is -1. So our equation is y=-x (passes through origin)
Changing arg(z) to arg(z-2) has the effect of shifting all the points to the right by 2 units, so now our equation becomes y=-x+2

Reaction score
So basically you have a set of points that form a circle, with centre (4,4) and radius 2.
The distance from Origin to Centre = √(4²+4²) = 5.66
p = Ans - 2 = 3.66
q = Ans + 2 = 5.66

Shouldn't it be √(6²+6²) for q and likewise for p?
And what about 'arg' part?

Reaction score
Consider arg(z) = 3/4*pi
This represents the set of points whose argument is 3/4*pi. In other words, this is a line which makes the angle 3/4*pi radians with the x axes (in anticlockwise direction).
By doing tan(3/4*pi), we can find the gradient of the line, which is -1. So our equation is y=-x (passes through origin)
Changing arg(z) to arg(z-2) has the effect of shifting all the points to the right by 2 units, so now our equation becomes y=-x+2
So basically you have a set of points that form a circle, with centre (4,4) and radius 2.
p = Ans - 2 = 3.66
q = Ans + 2 = 5.66
Wow!!!!!

Thanks a bunch............

Reaction score
p = Ans - 2 = 3.66
q = Ans + 2 = 5.66
Can u do alpha and beta of this? I pasted this few days back but u disappeared and no one solved it... I'll quote all the problems in a few min, can u do them today or tmrw?

Reaction score
60 - 70 %. Chemistry is OK. Math P3 needs some practice. I rock in Physics but I was never good in Statistics (S1 in this case) .

How about you?
Done with P3 and just normal distribution left in S1. Physics is also almost done just P5 practice left. But almost whole chemistry is left.... Even the course..