• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths 62 (S1)? Discussion after 24 hours

Reaction score
How much are you expecting? How did it go?

I was expecting it to be easy due to the harder P3 and so my expectations were right :D. I think I'll ace it if I didn't do any silly mistakes.

Reaction score
How much are you expecting? How did it go?

I was expecting it to be easy due to the harder P3 and so my expectations were right :D. I think I'll ace it if I didn't do any silly mistakes.
It was damn easy :D Hoping for a perfect score :p

Reaction score
Honestly 62 was easy and 32 was also easy. I really hope that the threshold gets lower a little so that I can score the best grade :p

Reaction score
Honestly 62 was easy and 32 was also easy. I really hope that the threshold gets lower a little so that I can score the best grade :p
32 was easy but most people messed up some questions

Last edited:
Reaction score
Guys since we can discuss the answers now, here is what I got:

The 1st question the tea coffee hot chocolate one i got probability as 0.192
The question that had first part probability was P(5<x<10) = 0.72 (I subtract the 2 probs, <5 from <10)
then the one with continuity correction i got final answer probability = 0.990
then the prob distribution question k was 1/10, mean was 3 and variance was 1
stem and leaf diagram question median i got 23 and IQR i got 16 i think, i gave reason that data for B was symmetrical and for R it was +vely skewed which was shown by stem & leaf diagram
my order/sequence of questions might be wrong here^^

then that binomial one i got n as 24
't' value; in normal distribution was 7.833 or sth
for combinations question i got 3990
first permutation question was simple 10!/repeated letters

what did you get for 2nd part of permutations??

Reaction score

The question that had first part probability was P(5<x<10) = 0.72 (I subtract the 2 probs, <5 from <10)
stem and leaf diagram question median i got 23 and IQR i got 16 i think, i gave reason that data for B was symmetrical and for R it was +vely skewed which was shown by stem & leaf diagram

Wasn't t 8.33 something?

Reaction score

:p you got everything right right i guess. :3 I got the same answers, but I don't remember the answer for that 't' value question.
For the 2nd permutation question, I don't remember the answer but we're supposed to take the three situations like when 3Ls are between the two Ws, when 2Ls are there and when only 1L is there...

Last edited:
Reaction score
:p you got everything right :3 I got the same answers, but I don't remember the answer for that 't' value question.
For the 2nd permutation question, I don't remember the answer but we're supposed to take the three situations like when 3Ls are between the two Ws, when 2Ls are there and when only 1L is there...

How many marks was the permutation combination question? And what about that n part?

Reaction score
How many marks was the permutation combination question? And what about that n part?
there were 3 parts for that pemutation question, first one was 2, second for 4 and third for 4 marks.

I got n = 24
I don't remember the marks for this n part.

Reaction score
:p you got everything right right i guess. :3 I got the same answers, but I don't remember the answer for that 't' value question.
What were your answers for the last 2 parts of perm and combination?

Reaction score
For the last part of combinations i got 3990 and for the second part it was 3720..
I got 3990 aswell but werent there 4 different possibilities in that question? Did you include the possibility of 1 swimmer, 4 'whatever it was' and one cyclist in your answer? I got 3990 with just 3 possibilities.