• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths 62 (S1)? Discussion after 24 hours

Reaction score
I got 3990 aswell but werent there 4 different possibilities in that question? Did you include the possibility of 1 swimmer, 4 'whatever it was' and one cyclist in your answer? I got 3990 with just 3 possibilities.
Yes, I included that possibility as well and got 3990 for the last part of combinations.. How you got 3990 with just 3? I don't remember how many possibilities were there but they weren't 3 just, but yes I did include the one you mentioned..

Reaction score
Yes, I included that possibility as well and got 3990 for the last part of combinations.. How you got 3990 with just 3? I don't remember how many possibilities were there but they weren't 3 just, but yes I did include the one you mentioned..
Then maybe i did include that possibility but just cant remember it :p

Reaction score
For the last part of combinations i got 3990 and for the second part it was 3720..
Hey are you sure your answer for the second part of permuatation's question is correct? Because I did it the same as you did it (first taking 3Ls between 2Ws then 2Ls then 1L ) . My ans was 20160 . :confused:

Reaction score
Hey are you sure your answer for the second part of permuatation's question is correct? Because I did it the same as you did it (first taking 3Ls between 2Ws then 2Ls then 1L ) . My ans was 20160 . :confused:
I guess I'm sure. How did you do?

Reaction score
Im
im pretty sure I had 4 possibilities. How many did you have?

Reaction score
For the 2nd part of permutations I got 8P6 because between the 2 Ws only 6 letters could come and 8 were left. And on either side of each W there could be 2 remaining letters so 2! (those 2 letters shuffled) and then those 2 could be on either side. So 8P6 x 2! x 2!. How many marks do you guys think I'll get out of 4? :(

Reaction score
Even if you get the answers wrong but you use good logic/proper methods/thought-process you will still get most of the marks for the question

Reaction score
For the 2nd part of permutations I got 8P6 because between the 2 Ws only 6 letters could come and 8 were left. And on either side of each W there could be 2 remaining letters so 2! (those 2 letters shuffled) and then those 2 could be on either side. So 8P6 x 2! x 2!. How many marks do you guys think I'll get out of 4? :(
I did the same maybe 1/4 marks mil jaein

Reaction score
I also did this there was one more option that is if w is the 2nd letter *w******w* this would have been 2p1*8p6*1p1/3! Add that into ur first expression ull get 20160 idk if its correct but this is what i can think off

Reaction score
October/November 2014 [ECONOMICS ] 9708/41 Paper 4
An economist stated ‘you cannot encourage economic growth, and cut spending and increase taxes at the same time’. (Source: The Times. 2011)

(b) Discuss whether economic analysis can be used to support the statement of the economist. [13]

Can anyone tell me what to write or simply write a model essay for me please ! ? I badly need this essay answer !