• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Ppl help me with something heres a qusetion on indices . I can solve it by why will we equate the powers to 0??:confused:o_O :eek:
5^x-25^3x-1=0

so x + 2(3x-1)=0 kyun ho ga???
Reply as soon as possible. Thanks in advance

Reaction score
yar syed1995 apni dP change kar mjhay isse dekh kar gussa ata hai .. :D :ROFLMAO:

hahahaha // isy waja say tu yeh DP hai .. warna tu kabki change kardi hoti :D

btw thanks for the center of rotation :) I didn't knew! actually which book has that chapter of transformations ? I couldn't find it in any of them ...

Reaction score
Ppl help me with something heres a qusetion on indices . I can solve it by why will we equate the powers to 0??:confused:o_O :eek:
5^x-25^3x-1=0

25 ki power 3x-1 hai ya 25 ki power 3x thi aur uss mein say -1 horaha hai ..?

MustafaMotani bhai meray thora halka haath rakho :p itni working aik post mein karo gay tu kiski samajh aayegi :D

Reaction score
5^x-25^3x-1=0

I'm a bit confused about the statement of your question.:confused: Could you add some brackets, to make it more understandable?

Reaction score
Yep.. that's the thing.

let me tell you what we will do here and how this was possible ...

5^x-25^3x-1=0
5^x=25^3x-1
5^x=5^2(3x-1)

compare the powers ..

x=2(3x-1)
x-2(3x-1)=0

there ya go ...
thanks a lot, blue headed ,crazy looking genius:)

Reaction score
You see, the form 2(x-5)^2+46...is actually called completing the square form. In this form, we change the quadratic equation's form in such a way, that we can get the minimum or maximum point of the curve, just by looking at the equation. In above example: If we were to draw a graph of the curve, we will find that the curve has a minimum point, at (5,46). The minimum value of y, actually means minimum value of Area. Some other examples: If we have a completing square form like this: 2(x-3)^2 +4.....Then the curve will have a minimum point at (3,4)......Hope you get it. :)

Reaction score
You see, the form 2(x-5)^2+46...is actually called completing the square form. In this form, we change the quadratic equation's form in such a way, that we can get the minimum or maximum point of the curve, just by looking at the equation. In above example: If we were to draw a graph of the curve, we will find that the curve has a minimum point, at (5,46). The minimum value of y, actually means minimum value of Area. Some other examples: If we have a completing square form like this: 2(x-3)^2 +4.....Then the curve will have a minimum point at (3,4)......Hope you get it. :)

awesome explanation maths. let me guess/ you take add math:). awesome job

Reaction score
can u explain stretch (invariant line) plz:confused:
invariant line is the line which remains constant and the rest of the figure changes in correspondence to it. you see the streach factor (dis. of image frm inv. lne/dis. of obj. frm inv. lne). hope it helps

Reaction score
invariant line is the line which remains constant and the rest of the figure changes in correspondence to it. you see the streach factor (dis. of image frm inv. lne/dis. of obj. frm inv. lne). hope it helps
how 2 find invariant line in stretch

Reaction score

I never use the completing the square method honestly, I would rather go with the quadratic formula then this, personally i am not any good at it aswell .. and if a question comes in this way, I will rather expand it ..

besides is minimum maximum points even in the maths course ? :p kyun becharoon ko paper say bilkul pahlay confuse kar rahay ho ?!?