• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

asd

Reaction score
4:25 ..

l1^2:l2^2

2^2:5^2

that should be the answer.
That's the wrong concept :D
Actually you do it only when the triangles are similar, in this case, they are not.
And no, the answer is 2:5 . Dk where the hell did it come from.

Reaction score
That's the wrong concept :D
Actually you do it only when the triangles are similar, in this case, they are not.
And no, the answer is 2:5 . Dk where the hell did it come from.

I was doing part a .. lol

Reaction score
ratio of AX:CX as they share the same line.

I am getting the feeling the triangles are similar.

Reaction score
guess .. but i am getting the feeling that this triangle is similar .. give me a minute to look at it clearly.

erm no idea .. It was my guess that the answer would be 2:5 as there are no other lines available which are in both of those triangles! and those two are sharing a line!

Reaction score
No, not stretch. If it was a stretch then there would have been no (6,0) but (6,2) instead. And, the point before y-axis would have moved to further left.
It is ONLY enlargement.
I nt get it still .y wouldnt it be stretch ..?

Reaction score
They are NOT similar, see carefully. :)
Yeah but if a triangle lies in another triangles and they ask for ratio of area ...we have to take the lengths of the same line .thts wht my sir tld me !

asd

Reaction score
I nt get it still .y wouldnt it be stretch ..?
I just explained ! :(
the left vertex will be stretched further to the left, if it was stretch, plus the bottom right vertex shouldn't have gone down, just stretched to the right, because one of the axes has to be invariant. Even if its a double stretch, then a diff result will be obtained, you can try yourself. :)

asd

Reaction score
Yeah but if a triangle lies in another triangles and they ask for ratio of area ...we have to take the lengths of the same line .thts wht my sir tld me !
Ok :( but still im not satisfied until i get a strong reason that should convince me..

asd

Reaction score
Y cant the line x = -2 be taken as invariant ....?
Oh GOD.
Look at the bottom right vertex. It shouldn't move down and right both at the same time, only in the right direction, because its a one way stretch.