• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can someone tell me if i start now for addmaths can i give exams in nov please i am average in maths

Reaction score
can someone tell me if i start now for addmaths can i give exams in nov please i am average in maths
how much have u already done? you can give addmaths in nov, but then you will have to devote at least 6 hours a day to addmaths, which is almost impossible

Reaction score
Can anyone pls solve these two parts properly and let me know the answers !! be pls sure that u have solved it correctly .

Attachments

• mmmt.jpg
    mmmt.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Add Maths. Question:
The curve whose equation is y=(2x^2+3x-9)(x-k), where k is a constant, has a turning point where x=-1.
(i) Calculate the value of k.
(ii) Calculate the value of x at the other turning point on the curve.

Reaction score
Add Maths. Question:
The curve whose equation is y=(2x^2+3x-9)(x-k), where k is a constant, has a turning point where x=-1.
(i) Calculate the value of k.
(ii) Calculate the value of x at the other turning point on the curve.

this is quite simple first multiply the x-k to the partial equation then differentiate and put the dy/dx as 0 and x as -1 now get k from here !

for the second part take the differentiated equation and solve to find x values when dy/dx =0 You will get two answers one will be x=-1 the other will be the answer :D

Can anyone pls solve these two parts properly and let me know the answers !! be pls sure that u have solved it correctly .

DCE can be found by subtracting the two given angles from 180*

CE is found by using sine rule use the DCE angle and the 8.6 side and the 33* angle and get the side !

now with your known value of CE and the value of BC use the tan ratio to get the angle of elevation ! ! ! :D

Reaction score
this is quite simple first multiply the x-k to the partial equation then differentiate and put the dy/dx as 0 and x as -1 now get k from here !

for the second part take the differentiated equation and solve to find x values when dy/dx =0 You will get two answers one will be x=-1 the other will be the answer :D
I haven't learnt differentiation yet....any other technique?:(

Reaction score
differentiation is quite simple but im afraid their isnt any other method to do this question,btw if u dont know this then why are you doing these ques
I've started Add. Maths and this question is in the past papers of Chap 5 (Classified Redspot Book). What I do is that when I finish a certain topic, I practise all the past papers questions. I came across this one. Ok, I'll have to skip this question then....

Reaction score
I've started Add. Maths and this question is in the past papers of Chap 5 (Classified Redspot Book). What I do is that when I finish a certain topic, I practise all the past papers questions. I came across this one. Ok, I'll have to skip this question then....

the problem with the past papers is that a question like this one can come under different topics and its like the publishers freewill to put such a question under whatever topic he likes so yeah skip it but i think u might do this attach a paper on the opening page of ur Past papers and write the pg no and the question no. of the question u had to skip in the topics and then when u complete the whole syllabus then u can try these again and u wont miss out any :)