• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
no,its not necessary.
u could put it in brackets for ur easiness.
Question 4, do we change the total time to seconds ? cuz in the question it says km to hours, so how would we solve that? Im getting the wrong answer , the answer is 64 btw

Attachments

• mayjune 2011 paper 11.pdf
    124.9 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
27^1/3 , i cancelled the 27 and 3 to make it 9 which i thought was the answer, but the answer in the marking scheme says 3, someone explain

Reaction score
27^1/3 , i cancelled the 27 and 3 to make it 9 which i thought was the answer, but the answer in the marking scheme says 3, someone explain
Do i need to take a cube root of 27 to make it 3? how do i know when to take a cuberoot in a question like this

Reaction score
Hey guys, can someone help me to undertsand how we should solve questions where they ask for an inequality equation from a graph?

For reference im attaching a past paper, Question 9 please. If you have a good link to a website where i can learn how to solve question like these, please do lt me know. Thanks! :)

Attachments

• may june 2012 variant 12.pdf
    138.4 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
yes u have to take cube root because 3 is the denominator.
theres a question in topic 4a variations : sixteen workers can build a wall in 25 days. How many workers are needed if the wall is to be built in 10 days?
i do know how to solve it, but in the thinking process it says: note that the number or workers is inversely propotional to the number of days needed.
How do we know it is inversly or directly in a question like this?

Reaction score
theres a question in topic 4a variations : sixteen workers can build a wall in 25 days. How many workers are needed if the wall is to be built in 10 days?
i do know how to solve it, but in the thinking process it says: note that the number or workers is inversely propotional to the number of days needed.
How do we know it is inversly or directly in a question like this?
because the more the workers the less time it will take to build.

Reaction score
because the more the workers the less time it will take to build.
do you know of a good website which offers valuable information on how to make x or y the subject of the formula? I dont understand how to do them at all, because everytime theres a different way of solving the question.

Reaction score
do you know of a good website which offers valuable information on how to make x or y the subject of the formula? I dont understand how to do them at all, because everytime theres a different way of solving the question.
sorry yaar,i dont know any site.
i could be of your assistance.

Reaction score
STATS HELP
Sampling:
each of the 720 students has a four figure admission number. The girls have consecutive odd admin numbers starting at 2001 and the boys have consecutive even admin numbers starting from 2002 .
The school Head used a calculator to generate some random numbers to select students. The numbers were: 0.143 ,0.673 ,0.772, 0.081, 0.219 & 0.5
One of the six numbers that the school head obtained can't be used to select from the population.
a) state which one of the six numbers cannot be used, and explain why it cannot be used.
b) write down the admission numbers of the five selected students

Reaction score
STATS HELP :
Probability :

A box contains black and white cou ters. The probability of of randomly selecting a black counter is 1/6.
1.Find a) the probability of randomly selecting a white counter,
b) the smallest possible number of white counters in the box.
Emily took 2 counters out of the box and both of them were black.
2. What is the smallest possible number of white counters that could be in the box?

Emily asked each of the teachers at her school to randomly select one of the counters from the box.
3. If 25 teachers selected a white counter, estimate the number if teachers at Emily's school

Plz....do help...I need an answer urgently
Thanks in advance