• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can i get notes on differentiation,Rate of change ,higher derivatives &application...
Also with the formula for Volume, Area,Perimeter Surface area of various shapes..!
I don't know if this will be helpful to you, but I did higher maths, im in Scotland so they call alevels, higher math, and they taught differenciation, which I was clueless about , my teacher told me to go on the website.: www.hsn.uk.net go under free notes, and then higher mathematics, and then differenciation. Hope that helps you.

Reaction score
Guys howcome at times you have to subtract two numbers when solving a phythagoras theorem formula, like I've noticed that when I was doing trig, there were times when in the book, they subtracted two values, shouldn't the formula be a square= b square + c square . :/ if anyone if getting confused by my question, let me know and I'll post a picture of what I'm talking about

Reaction score
is premutation and combination in statistics syllabus for o levels (4040)???? urgent reply plz!!!!
thanku
There is no mention of Permutations and Combinations in the syllabus for Statistics :) So I don't think its coming as a separate topic. The only use of Permutations and Combinations that you can make in the Statistics Paper is in a a few selected questions of probability, and those too can be completed correctly and more easily with the help of a probability diagram :) So don't worry. It isn't coming.

Reaction score
i need the marking schemes of statistics for 2010 and 2011.
can anyone provide the link for them...???
i ll be really thankful.

Reaction score
Guys howcome at times you have to subtract two numbers when solving a phythagoras theorem formula, like I've noticed that when I was doing trig, there were times when in the book, they subtracted two values, shouldn't the formula be a square= b square + c square . :/ if anyone if getting confused by my question, let me know and I'll post a picture of what I'm talking about
in a right angled triangle, u have 2 short sides(adjacent & opposite)(a and b) and 1 longest side(hypothenus).
when calculating the longest side(c) u take root of (a sqare + b square)...but while calculating any one of the short sides(suppose a), u take root of (c square - b square)....
hope this helps ..its difficult to xplain by writing....but ive tried my best to xplain!!!