• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
thank u very much bro! :D
but i dont understand y u used (1+3t, 12+2t).

Is this correct?
velocity=dist./t
dist.=(3i+2j)*t
=3t+2t
then position will be =(1,12)+(3t,2t)
=(1+3t,12+2t)

yes correct. i think i should have drawn i diagram but i was too lazy :p
but u got the idea. position at any time t = position at t=0 + velocity(t)

Reaction score
A tin of soup contains 166 calories
This is 8.3% of the recommended daily number of calories
Calculate the recommended daily number of calories

ans plz

Reaction score
A tin of soup contains 166 calories
This is 8.3% of the recommended daily number of calories
Calculate the recommended daily number of calories

ans plz
Let x be recommended calories.
166 = 8.3% * x
166 = 8.3/100 * x
x = 166*100/8.3
x = 2000 calories.

Reaction score
I cant even solve this:( Please explain me..:(

Ok, we have got x and y in cm and the perimeters in meters. So perimeter one would be 1020cm, and two would 1360 cm

Now, in the first one, it only tells about the outer perimeter. The outer perimeter would be 2(4x + 5y). We can form the equation

2(4x+5y) = 1020
4x + 5y = 510

In the next one, we have to consider the whole perimeter, which includes the outer and the perimeter of the inner slabs too. So the outer one would be 2 (6x+3y). The inner one would 2 (4x+y) Now we can form this equation

w(6x+3y) + 2 (4x+y) = 1360

5x + 2y = 340 :)

Reaction score
Ok, we have got x and y in cm and the perimeters in meters. So perimeter one would be 1020cm, and two would 1360 cm

Now, in the first one, it only tells about the outer perimeter. The outer perimeter would be 2(4x + 5y). We can form the equation

2(4x+5y) = 1020
4x + 5y = 510

In the next one, we have to consider the whole perimeter, which includes the outer and the perimeter of the inner slabs too. So the outer one would be 2 (6x+3y). The inner one would 2 (4x+y) Now we can form this equation

w(6x+3y) + 2 (4x+y) = 1360

5x + 2y = 340 :)
Thank:)

Reaction score
well for the next two parts, first convert the lengths into centimeters by dividing them by 10. So AB would be 9 cm. you know the bearing of B from A, so set your protractor, and draw a line of 9cm in that angle. For AC distance is 8.5 cm. Draw another arc of 8.5 cm from A. For BC, distance is 10cm, so draw an arc of 10 cm from B. Where the two arcs meet you have got C. complete the diagram now

For the third part, you have to do it from the diagram. Set down your protractor and measure it. it might be also possible by using some formula, but i don't have the diagram in front of me right now.:(

Reaction score
well for the next two parts, first convert the lengths into centimeters by dividing them by 10. So AB would be 9 cm. you know the bearing of B from A, so set your protractor, and draw a line of 9cm in that angle. For AC distance is 8.5 cm. Draw another arc of 8.5 cm from A. For BC, distance is 10cm, so draw an arc of 10 cm from B. Where the two arcs meet you have got C. complete the diagram now

For the third part, you have to do it from the diagram. Set down your protractor and measure it. it might be also possible by using some formula, but i don't have the diagram in front of me right now.:(
oo thnkeewww man. thnkew so much!

Reaction score
If TWO LINEAR EQUATIONS IN TWO UNKNOWNS HAVE NO COMMON SOLUTION
THESE EQUATIONS ARE CALLED

CONSISENT
INCONSISENT
IDENTICAL
INDEPENDENT

Reaction score
Payments are made at the end of each payment interval for

ordinary
annuity