• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
till the time i type my answer someone else has already solved the question :'(
if someone else does not answer tag me in that post. i wont answer any other question which does does not call me to do so.

Reaction score
if someone else does not answer tag me in that post. i wont answer any other question which does does not call me to do so.
still u were the quickest to solve it :p

Reaction score
:oops: maybe a bit faster typing? :p

Reaction score
Reaction score
for c i. Use the formula (l1/l2) cube = v1/v2

for the other part. you have to think it out on the above diagram. Removing a pyramid from each of the vertices of the upper pyramid results in four more faces, resulting in an overall 8 faces
show me how you calculate the result for part (c) (i)

Reaction score
Suchal Riaz

Can you please help me with describing locus in three dimensions? :(

in three-dimension it is easier. look around u, lets say your fan is a point and for any fly to be 3m from fan she can be above it, below it left ot if or right of it. anywhere it but her distance will be same. exact is the case in a sphere. any point in a sphere is exactly same distance from centre but can be anywhere. so u get a sphere of 3m as radius. hope u get the concept.

Reaction score
in three-dimension it is easier. look around u, lets say your fan is a point and for any fly to be 3m from fan she can be above it, below it left ot if or right of it. anywhere it but her distance will be same. exact is the case in a sphere. any point in a sphere is exactly same distance from centre but can be anywhere. so u get a sphere of 3m as radius. hope u get the concept.
:) i kinda understand it now. But can you please give me a few more examples of what type of lines they can ask about. I mean what if they ask about a line equidistant from two points, do 3d locus apply in that condition too?

Reaction score
:) i kinda understand it now. But can you please give me a few more examples of what type of lines they can ask about. I mean what if they ask about a line equidistant from two points, do 3d locus apply in that condition too?

if u know about 2d this wont be too difficult. 3d of circle is sphere.
if u want to hang anything 2m from a wall, build two walls 2m from it. any point on it will be 2m from the wall
if u have two planes(walls lets suppose) who interect(for example corner of a room) u will need to build a wall that intersect the angle between the two walls.

Reaction score
if u know about 2d this wont be too difficult. 3d of circle is sphere.
if u want to hang anything 2m from a wall, build two walls 2m from it. any point on it will be 2m from the wall
if u have two planes(walls lets suppose) who interect(for example corner of a room) u will need to build a wall that intersect the angle between the two walls.

Reaction score
the xterior angle of a triangle is?? i mean the rule regarding oppostie interior angle adding up to become the xterior angle. i dont get it.....sum1 please xplain usama321