• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Find detovatove function to find tangent gradient, to find gradient of notmal, to find c, which was y coordinate of p.
I found the gradient of the tangent, and then I divided it by -1. I used the values at that point to find the equation of the normal, and then I put in x=0 in that equation to find the y coordinate of P..so where did I go wrong? :/

Reaction score
Can anyone please help me with these two relative velocity questions, i brought about the answer but can get no logic. please help me with these.

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...ematics - Additional (4037)/4037_s06_qp_1.pdf (question 3)

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...matics - Additional (4037)/4037_s11_qp_21.pdf (question 9)

Q3.
For Vw we need speed so Distance of the plane and time taken is given so take out the Speed.

We need to find Vp/w and Vw (speed of wind) is given

Construct the usual equation : Vp/w=Vp - Vw
(3) (1) (2)
Vw will be negative because the question clearly says the wind blow from South east not toward it.

Make the Relative diagram and use trigonometry formula's

and for the another paper. Refer 2003 june P1 q3

Reaction score
i have a question........in my o'level addmths exam yesterday i did a mistake in integration....i gave +c in bracket...like for instance the question asked to integrate X^2----i did it this way----X^3/3 (+c) ...will they cut any marks for this?? plz tell me i am very tensed about it??

Reaction score
i have a question........in my o'level addmths exam yesterday i did a mistake in integration....i gave +c in bracket...like for instance the question asked to integrate X^2----i did it this way----X^3/3 (+c) ...will they cut any marks for this?? plz tell me i am very tensed about it??

no, inshaa Allah

Reaction score
ans is 1/4. It was given wrong in markscheme. We had discussion on it long ago.

Yeah but actually, the question paper is wrong, not the mark scheme. The mark scheme is for the original 4037_22 paper whereas the range in this paper is not the same as the original paper. My source: Mock exam.

Reaction score
Yeah but actually, the question paper is wrong, not the mark scheme. The mark scheme is for the original 4037_22 paper whereas the range in this paper is not the same as the original paper. My source: Mock exam.

Ok, but cambridge did some serious b***shit here.