• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
It's luck that matters the most. I don't even think that the person who gets a distinction in Mathematics knows the most Maths. :p Though hard work accompanied with luck can get you anything.

But should i like solve all the unsolved past papers? I don't have time for that. ._.
Being familiar with all the complicated and most challenging past paper questions, would increase the chances of getting full marks.

And yes, it depends on luck. But someone who is a master of maths, can attempt any paper, and get full marks in it. :p If that persons concepts are crystal clear, and has a good IQ.

Reaction score
But should i like solve all the unsolved past papers? I don't have time for that. ._.
Being familiar with all the complicated and most challenging past paper questions, would increase the chances of getting full marks.

And yes, it depends on luck. But someone who is a master of maths, can attempt any paper, and get full marks in it. :p If that persons concepts are crystal clear, and has a good IQ.
You should do that. I mean that's the only way you would encounter the most difficult questions.
You are right, but what if the person accidentally misses a question on the paper, he would definitely lose marks or he gets a sudden head ache due to which he can't concentrate on the paper so he is likely to make a mistake or even if he misreads anything. (Just to prove my point. :p)

Reaction score
You should do that. I mean that's the only way you would encounter the most difficult questions.
You are right, but what if the person accidentally misses a question on the paper, he would definitely lose marks or he gets a sudden head ache due to which he can't concentrate on the paper so he is likely to make a mistake or even if he misreads anything. (Just to prove my point. :p)

Those are very unlikely scenarios. I'm talking about normal situations. :p
If a person truly knows maths, there shouldn't be an O-Level question, that won't be answerable. Even with a head-ache.

Solving all the papers would take ages. ._.
If only there was a Topical, unsolved book for difficult questions, or something.

Reaction score
Those are very unlikely scenarios. I'm talking about normal situations. :p
If a person truly knows maths, there shouldn't be an O-Level question, that won't be answerable. Even with a head-ache.

Solving all the papers would take ages. ._.
If only there was a Topical, unsolved book for difficult questions, or something.
Those are lame actually. Kids like you can get a distinction if things work out normally.
I too wish there had been a topical for difficult questions, I mean I would never touch that. :p

Reaction score
Those are lame actually. Kids like you can get a distinction if things work out normally.
I too wish there had been a topical for difficult questions, I mean I would never touch that. :p

*Sigh*

Yeahh, i guess. But you're right too.
No matter how good someone is, there can be a mistake. It's human nature.

Reaction score
*Sigh*

I used to think in a similar way that what could stop possibly someone from getting the highest when he knows everything but after the CIEs I've seen average students getting A*s and some good students ending up with a B.

Reaction score
*Sigh*

It'll take less time than you think in solving the past papers.You dont have to attempt every single question especially in P1 while practicing since they are basic questions.Try to solve the long questions in P2 in as little time as possible,and once you've done some question types e.g of trigonometry there isn't much question variation(sine rule,cosine rule,area by 1/2absin*),you'll easily do the rest.Practice is the only solution if your brain isn't a genius in maths.And you still have plenty of time for past papers(unless of course you're giving extra subs).

Reaction score
Oct-Nov 2011, Paper 12.. Maths!
Question No. 28.

Need help in this vector question. ^
Last part, b (ii). :/

Reaction score
Capture.png