• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
My Maths premock went horrible.. :( i m super worried for CIE. idnt knw y on erth m unable to improv in Maths

Reaction score
hi guyz. wel i have smthng v important to dscs, my sir is expctng me distinction maths, can anyone plz guide me in ths regard????????????

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me how to do part c of this question.
BTW its 2013 Nov paper 11

Attachments

• IMG_20140322_084525.jpg
    IMG_20140322_084525.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
IIRC,the total vector of AE would be kp+5q.Since the +q vector is 5 times larger in AE than in BC,the kp vector would be 5 times larger too since they are parallel and the ratio of their vectors is the same.Hence kp would be (2x5)p and would become 10p,so k would be 10.

Just to clarify,if we take 5 common,the vector would be 5(2p+q) which is the vector of BC once 5 is removed.So their ratio is same and is 1:5.Hope you understand.

Reaction score
IIRC,the total vector of AE would be kp+5q.Since the +q vector is 5 times larger in AE than in BC,the kp vector would be 5 times larger too since they are parallel and the ratio of their vectors is the same.Hence kp would be (2x5)p and would become 10p,so k would be 10.

Just to clarify,if we take 5 common,the vector would be 5(2p+q) which is the vector of BC once 5 is removed.So their ratio is same and is 1:5.Hope you understand.

Yeah I understood. Thanks a lot bro!!

Reaction score
Guyz I need your preferance in terms of Calculators in Mathematics D version exams, I am appearing this time....
A, Which calculator you prefer (must contain all required features) ?
B, How much would it cost?
C, Where in Karachi I can buy it?

Thanks in advance...

Reaction score
Guyz I need your preferance in terms of Calculators in Mathematics D version exams, I am appearing this time....
A, Which calculator you prefer (must contain all required features) ?
B, How much would it cost?
C, Where in Karachi I can buy it?

Thanks in advance...

A:FX-991ES Plus by casio is really good,and has many functions
B:Cost about 1100 when i bought it last year
C:Any good shop i presume

Reaction score
A:FX-991ES Plus by casio is really good,and has many functions
B:Cost about 1100 when i bought it last year
C:Any good shop i presume
Yep i agree with asadalam. The fx 991 es plus is a really great cal. You could use it to do matrices ( finding inverse, multiplication) and is also useful when finding the gradient of a tangent which usually comes in the curve graph sum.

Reaction score
Yep i agree with asadalam. The fx 991 es plus is a really great cal. You could use it to do matrices ( finding inverse, multiplication) and is also useful when finding the gradient of a tangent which usually comes in the curve graph sum.
Thanks, really helped me out