• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
ok for example.... Q.6 from P2 of June 2003 paper .... or Q18 of December 2003 PAper 1........ just examples.
ok here
Question 6 paper 2 2003
a) they have given the numbers note that it goes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13... so the answer is just that 13,14,15,16
b)the largest number in the first shell is 4, then the second shell is 8... look at the pattern in that it goes 4,8,12 its just the multiple of 4...so the highest number in the 10th shell is 10*4 which is 40...its rather common sense questions you just need to observe a little after you try some questions you will master it dont worry.
c) 1) Sn means simply the addition of all the numbers in the shell....for example they have given n=1 which is shell no. 1 now add and see 1+2+3+4 is 10 that is what is given to the answer Sn in the table...it goes as follows for the rest check it if your not sure. Now they are asking for shell no.4 (Sn) so all you need to do is add 13+14+15+16 which is the answer.
2) and 3) I'm not sure whether the method I got it is correct I will let you know tommorow

Reaction score
ok here
Question 6 paper 2 2003
a) they have given the numbers note that it goes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13... so the answer is just that 13,14,15,16
b)the largest number in the first shell is 4, then the second shell is 8... look at the pattern in that it goes 4,8,12 its just the multiple of 4...so the highest number in the 10th shell is 10*4 which is 40...its rather common sense questions you just need to observe a little after you try some questions you will master it dont worry.
c) 1) Sn means simply the addition of all the numbers in the shell....for example they have given n=1 which is shell no. 1 now add and see 1+2+3+4 is 10 that is what is given to the answer Sn in the table...it goes as follows for the rest check it if your not sure. Now they are asking for shell no.4 (Sn) so all you need to do is add 13+14+15+16 which is the answer.
2) and 3) I'm not sure whether the method I got it is correct I will let you know tommorow

oh thnku soooo much1! :)

Reaction score
does anyone have notes for additional mathematics....i mean complete notes covering all the things

Reaction score
Yeah that looks like the weirdest question that ever came in O Level Maths paper....:confused:

who said that man this is simple ratio,proportion question the marks tell u that !

For b(i) use this first utilise the eq and see each year additional profit or increase is 3.75 right and this is on the amount 25 now compare this with 500 and see how much u get for one year here like this
500*3.75 = Ans/25 and u get an answer for the dollars increase in the investment now multiply this answer by 8 and add 500 and there u have ur answer !

the method used for both a(i) and b(i) are same but they arent same one is abt comapany a and the other abt b and in one on 25 initial investment u get $ 3 and in the other its $ 3.75 ! ill explain if u want further :D :D :p

Reaction score
who said that man this is simple ratio,proportion question the marks tell u that !

the method used for both a(i) and b(i) are same but they arent same one is abt comapany a and the other abt b and in one on 25 initial investment u get $ 3 and in the other its $ 3.75 ! ill explain if u want further :D :D :p

Oops, didn't notice the difference in the company name o_0. Btw, I need held on 8(a)(iii) also.....what value are we going to read from our graph of y-axis. It ain't 68.......

Reaction score
How much time will it take to complete the statistic syllabus for GCE? I dont know anything about it but I want to do it. BTW i want to obtain a distinction.

Reaction score
BTW i want to obtain a distinction.

I don't take statistics , but if you are appearing in May / June 2012 than you can forget the distinction , because time's up. If your appearing in Oct / Nov 2012 , there might be a chance , but you'll have to work very hard. But if your gonna appear later than that then you gotta pretty good chance. Concentrate on only Statistics , and during the summer ( June , July , August) give like 8 hours a day to statistics . This way you would master the subject , and you can then concentrate on other subjects later on.

Reaction score
Is there some specific way to attempt questions like:

Q. Find the smallest positive integer n, such that 168n is a square number. (168=2^3 x 3 x 7)

Reaction score
Is there some specific way to attempt questions like:

Q. Find the smallest positive integer n, such that 168n is a square number. (168=2^3 x 3 x 7)
you have to make all the factors having the power 2.

In this question 2x3x7= 42 should be the answer..Sorry if i am wrong

Reaction score
well a(i) and b(i) have totally different answers but the method is the same.

for a(i)

If $25 is the investment after 8 year you get $62
what will be the investment if the initial is 500 instead of $25,

25-----62
500------x

solve it you get $1240

For b(i)

I will give the explanation later but this is how to solve it

3.75(8) +25= 55
25-----55
500-----x

you should get 1100