• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
ask questions a little frequently guys! whenever I visit unfortunately nothing left fr me to ans hahaha:(

Reaction score
The guy (MANI) is in A levels so he knows more maths than you even the childish iota question you gave him, dont try to act oversmart!
:p

Yeah sure , i don't know what your problem is but apparently your in love with the guy or something .

Don't try to start a fight , this thread was made to help people , so unless you have something to say that's actually useful to someone , don't open that mouth of yours , nobody cares what you think .

Reaction score
Yeah sure , i don't know what your problem is but apparently your in love with the guy or something .

Don't try to start a fight , this thread was made to help people , so unless you have something to say that's actually useful to someone , don't open that mouth of yours , nobody cares what you think .

now what this nonsense is ??? try to built up paitence!!:( and donot reply. Else it will continue to be a long one! :eek:

Reaction score
Hey can someone please solve this question for me?
A motor boat travels in a straight line across a river which flows at 3ms–1 between straight parallel
banks 200 m apart. The motor boat, which has a top speed of 6ms–1 in still water, travels directly from
a point A on one bank to a point B, 150m downstream of A, on the opposite bank. Assuming that the
motor boat is travelling at top speed, find, to the nearest second, the time it takes to travel from A to B.

Reaction score

Looks like someone got blazed by my comment LOL:D

Reaction score
Please can anyone tell me that how to solve Question No 8 (ii) and Question No 9 (ii)

Attachments

• 4037_w11_qp_12.pdf
    276.5 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Hey can someone please solve this question for me?
A motor boat travels in a straight line across a river which flows at 3ms–1 between straight parallel
banks 200 m apart. The motor boat, which has a top speed of 6ms–1 in still water, travels directly from
a point A on one bank to a point B, 150m downstream of A, on the opposite bank. Assuming that the
motor boat is travelling at top speed, find, to the nearest second, the time it takes to travel from A to B.

the boat wid velocity 6ms-1 towards the other bank
river water having velocity 3ms-1 perpendicular to the boats velocity.

find the resultant velocity by pythagoras theoram (using vector diagram)

the velocity with which the boat is moving will be 6.71ms-1

now the distance

the vertical distance between banks is 200m.

point B on the other bank is 150m above point A.

so find out the resultant distance the boat covered. while moving with the velocity.

the distace will be 250m.

now use formula t=d/s.................... 250/6.71 = 37.25s round off will be 37s Ans.

I hope m rite????? but m not sure let me know abt it.:rolleyes:

Reaction score
the boat wid velocity 6ms-1 towards the other bank
river water having velocity 3ms-1 perpendicular to the boats velocity.

find the resultant velocity by pythagoras theoram (using vector diagram)

the velocity with which the boat is moving will be 6.71ms-1

now the distance

the vertical distance between banks is 200m.

point B on the other bank is 150m above point A.

so find out the resultant distance the boat covered. while moving with the velocity.

the distace will be 250m.

now use formula t=d/s.................... 250/6.71 = 37.25s round off will be 37s Ans.

I hope m rite????? but m not sure let me know abt it.:rolleyes:
no dear the answer is 34s the distance is correct but the velocity is supposed to be 7.3m/s (i only now the answer but not how to get it!)