• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Wait a second, I did the same :p WROTE 40.5 as answer! Wrong?

Technically, that question was stupid. Or either i'm stupid.
I mean, why give such a figure? They've always given an even number. But this time they gave 33.

So the answer was 40.5.. And they asked us to ESTIMATE? Now on what grounds should we estimate? Mathematically? Realistically? Biologically, assuming that 0.5 can't be a person?

People say it should be either 40 or 41. Okay, i get it now. It should be a whole number.

But I wrote 40.5/40 in the working space. That proves i understood the concept of rounding it, as number of children can not be 0.5.

But again. is this biology or is this maths? This isn't the science of nature; Biology. This is maths.
Number of children can't be 0.5 in biology, okay. But they can be in maths. Maths is about numbers. It's about calculations.
So if i give an ESTIMATE, which is exact.. (As compared to those people who give 40/41 and just rule out the 0.5 part, and just ignore it.. i'm giving a more accurate answer)..

But even though 40.5 is wrong, i still wrote ''40.5/40'' in the working space.. But wrote ''40.5'' on the answer line!

Reaction score
cool-story-bro1_zps796f3072.gif
Come at me bro
giphy.gif