• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: O'level Maths, Addmaths and Statistics help available he

Good point, Hamid Ali! I perfectly agree. Trying on your own will further clarify your concepts. A ready-made solution is the most easy way out but not the most productive one! :)

Reaction score

Exactly!
Anyways, I am sure you'll be able do the question according to the vector method shown in the video that is also taught in schools. I found another method by splitting each of the vectors into its horizontal and vertical componenents and then solving it using the relative velocity formula that can only be applied to parallel vectors. Hence, I am posting below the solution to the first part of the question using my method which I find easier to solve relative velocity problems. Hope it helps. :)

Attachments

• 123 001.jpg
    123 001.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 105
Reaction score

Ingenious! The thought that they could be split never occurred to me!

Reaction score

Here is the solution to your question, abcde.
The picture below shows an equilateral triangle that you can make. It is an equilateral triangle because C is the centre of the triangle while substending equal lengths (radius) to the vertices of the triangle. CXE is equal to 30 degrees and so is CEX. 180-30-30=120=ECX= DCE

Another approach to this question is by extending the tangents D and E until they meet and this forms a quadrant.

Attachments

• new.png
    new.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 83
Reaction score

a)1 revolution has 360°. Let us assume the total number of cars to be X. 40 out of the total 360 are 7 red cars. So 40/360*X=7
1/9*X=7
X=7*9=63cars
b) Circumference of a circle is equal to πd
so πd=28
d=28/π

Reaction score

hamidali391 said:
Here is the solution to your question, abcde.
The picture below shows an equilateral triangle that you can make. It is an equilateral triangle because C is the centre of the triangle while substending equal lengths (radius) to the vertices of the triangle. CXE is equal to 30 degrees and so is CEX. 180-30-30=120=ECX= DCE

Another approach to this question is by extending the tangents D and E until they meet and this forms a quadrant.
I understand the equilateral triangle method. Can you please elaborate on the second approach. Thank you! :)

Reaction score

Please answer this one!

Attachments

• maths ques.png
    maths ques.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 72
Reaction score

abcde said:
Please answer this one!
maths%20ques.png

theek hai :)

Reaction score

For question 7, you basically have to use trial and error.
The first statement is true. Note that the cube of any number greater than 1 is always greater than 1.
Statement 2 is also true.
Statement 3 is false. e.g. if n = 5 then (5-1)(5+3) = 4 x 8 = 32, which is even. Thus the statement is false.
I hope this helped. :)

Reaction score

Jazakallah pal
but i want to know in 8 b y we add ratios ?? and i have tried ryt now the same procedure to solve 8 a although i did it with multiplying method but not possible

Reaction score

xhizors said:
merai halwai q ka koi reply karai plz

and in Q9 a mine is 5.6 but in scheme it is 6 ?? http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridg ... _qp_11.pdf

umm well it was about smallest widht so phir bhi it shud be 5 what u say ??
Read the question carefully. Find the smallest width of a box that can always hold 8 pencils side by side.
For this calculate the upper bound of the diameter of each pencil. It is 7.5 mm. So if the box is to always hold 8 pencils side by side, its smallest width will be = 7.5 x 8 = 60.0 mm = 6.00 cm.
Understand? Try reading it again please.

Reaction score

xhizors said:
Jazakallah pal
but i want to know in 8 b y we add ratios ?? and i have tried ryt now the same procedure to solve 8 a although i did it with multiplying method but not possible
What's not possible?

Reaction score

abcde said:
For question 7, you basically have to use trial and error.
The first statement is true. Note that the cube of any number greater than 1 is always greater than 1.
Statement 2 is also true.
Statement 3 is false. e.g. if n = 5 then (5-1)(5+3) = 4 x 8 = 32, which is even. Thus the statement is false.
I hope this helped. :)

if in the first statement n = 1 ?? then how 1 > 1 ??

Reaction score

abcde said:
xhizors said:
Jazakallah pal
What's not possible?

i tried same method as u showed me for 8a to practice this method
probably 9----> 14+x
then 7 ---> ((14/9)+x)*7

then how u'll get x ??