• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

tdk

Reaction score
Hey how u do this one
the average salary of male m employess and f female employees is $a . and avg salary of male are $b. find female average
THERE IS A TEST TOMORROW PLEASE REPLY FAST......................... :D

Total salary of m males and f females is $(m+f)a. The total salary of m males is $mb. Therefore total salary of f females is (m+f)a - mb which is equal to ma + fa - mb.
So avg salary of f females = (ma + fa - mb)/f.

tdk

Reaction score
Q. A Company sells calendars for Rs 120 each. On Selling 10 or more the salesman can get 10% commission.
On Selling more than 50 he can get 15% additional commission.

a How much does the salesman earn if he sells 20 calendars.
b How much does he earn if he sells 75 calendars

Could u plz give me the past Question Papers and Mark Schemes of Maths B and Add Maths from 1990 till 2002 which I could not find. Plz help me.

tdk

Reaction score
Q. A Company sells calendars for Rs 120 each. On Selling 10 or more the salesman can get 10% commission.
On Selling more than 50 he can get 15% additional commission.

a How much does the salesman earn if he sells 20 calendars.
b How much does he earn if he sells 75 calendars

Could u plz give me the past Question Papers and Mark Schemes of Maths B and Add Maths from 1990 till 2002 which I could not find. Plz help me.

tdk

Reaction score
when i started from past paper it was too difficult. i couldn't do ANY question from classified. i saw my teacher doing some questions which i asked him to solve and i got the common techniques to make the equations simple before solving. after few questions that topic has become easiest and my favourite chapter in whole syllabus.

tdk

Reaction score
Oops June 2011 qp-12 no 25(a)
i got the answer 4/3 but in marking scheme its 1/13
please help me to work out this question
o_O

Reaction score
tdk i strongly doubt that u can get soft copies of such old papers. u can either get it from u school library or buy past papers book.
somebody told me muhammadali233 has some old papers

Reaction score
can anyone tell me more about the last point on this revision check-list? and from where can i practice these types of question, apart from the past papers

Attachments

• 20130423_212956-1.jpg
    20130423_212956-1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
can anyone tell me more about the last point on this revision check-list? and from where can i practice these types of question, apart from the past papers
These are double transformations. One transformation followed by another. Past papers mostly consist of questions to describe double transformations as single transformations. If you want to practice then the D-series of Mathematics has this, I think; this is part of the transformations chapter in d-4.

Reaction score
Can anyone plz solve this questions with working I can't understand it.
Since the mode is 1 (frequency 9), the largest value of x would be 8 (less than 9 so that 1 is still the mode).

When the median is 1, the largest value of x would be when the median is at 16th term (7+6), so,
Applying Median formula (n+1/2)
Median = 7+9+3+x+1/2 th term
16 = 20+x/2
32 = 20 + x
x = 12

For value of x,
Apply the formula of mean,
Mean = (0*7+1*9+2*3+3*x)/7+9+3+x
1 = 15+3x/19+x
19 + x = 15 + 3x
2x = 4
x = 2

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Thanks
Since the mode is 1 (frequency 9), the largest value of x would be 8 (less than 9 so that 1 is still the mode).

When the median is 1, the largest value of x would be when the median is at 16th term (7+6), so,
Applying Median formula (n+1/2)
Median = 7+9+3+x+1/2 th term
16 = 20+x/2
32 = 20 + x
x = 12

For value of x,
Apply the formula of mean,
Mean = (0*7+1*9+2*3+3*x)/7+9+3+x
1 = 15+3x/19+x
19 + x = 15 + 3x
2x = 4
x = 2

Hope that helps.
thanks but I don't get the 2nd part why did you add 7 and 6 ?

Reaction score
How do we find the Nth term of a number sequence? o_O
dude....there r two formulas..... one in wich the diff is constant...the othr in wich diff is not constant....
the ones in wich diff is constant to find nth term : a + (n-1)d
where 'a' is first time of sequence.. 'd' is diff b/t two consecutive terms and 'n' is the num of term u need to find!

for the one in wich the diff is not constant...v take ratio of two consecutive terms wich is 'r'
for tht nth term= a r^(n-1)
where 'a' is first term and 'n' is num of term u need to find!
thou m not sure tht this one appears frequently?

hope it helps...
:)

Reaction score
dude....there r two formulas..... one in wich the diff is constant...the othr in wich diff is not constant....
the ones in wich diff is constant to find nth term : a + (n-1)d
where 'a' is first time of sequence.. 'd' is diff b/t two consecutive terms and 'n' is the num of term u need to find!

for the one in wich the diff is not constant...v take ratio of two consecutive terms wich is 'r'
for tht nth term= a r^n-1
where 'a' is first term and 'n' is num of term u need to find!
thou m not sure tht this one appears frequently?

hope it helps...
:)
thankyou :rolleyes:(y) but just clear a thng, is it ar^(n-1) OR ar^(n)-1 ??
and Id \\ extremely grateful if you could please find the nth term for a sequence with diffrnces not constant. lets say...5 10 20 35 55