• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
u have a diagram?...and these are vectors right?...but need to show the figure, cause we cant know which is BC and AB and what are there directions, are they in opposite direction?

tbh; no diagram is given, yeah they are vectors like i said AB so from A to B and the figure is a regular octagon as i said

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...ematics - Additional (4037)/4037_s06_qp_2.pdf

Q.7 (b) can't really understand how they used the method shown in the marking scheme to get the answer. :/
We dont know how much candies are there and are not sure that all candies are three less or more.
There are 6 types of candies. Order does not matter. If u have to choose out of six types of candies and they must not be all same, then there are only two ways u can do this. Firstly, choose three out of 6 flavours, one each. Three different flavours. This will be 6C3.
Secondly u can choose two of any same flavour and one other of any other flavour. In total u can choose out of 6 for 2 candies and as they are same u must take it as choosing one out of 6 as u are actually choosing just a single flavour for two candies. Amd for the other single candy the flavour must be only one of the five remaining. So it simplifies to 6C1 X 5C1. Add them together u get 50 answer.
If u have more ambiguity please ask.

Reaction score
15 tickets are there,
If all the boys get tickets, then only 3 of the 8 girls can get tickets.
Therefore,
Number of ways = 12C12 * 8C3 = 56.

Bro, Please Solve This If You Can : ABCDFEFGH is a regular octagon and AB = p and BC = q ; Express AH in terms of p and q and show that
AE + BH + CG + DF = 2(2+2)(q - √2p)

Reaction score
relative velocity involving i and j component vectors..i need notes regarding it.

Reaction score
Bro, Please Solve This If You Can : ABCDFEFGH is a regular octagon and AB = p and BC = q ; Express AH in terms of p and q and show that

this is such a diificult question that my sir said to award Rs 100 to the one who solves it correctly! :p

Reaction score
Saad Mughal
Help. How to find the coefficient of x^3

9112546452.jpg

Reaction score
How to find out which to apply, permutation or combination?

if there is a selection to take place it is combination but if there is an arrangement or placing objects in an order it is permutation......i hope it wuz helpful....gud luck 4 ur exam!! :)(y)

Reaction score

This is in our book as well. It is very brain draining since it involves using a number of right-angled triangles and assumptions to calculate the vectors. Questions like these don't come in CIE for obvious reasons.
http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/55029.html
I searched and found this solution. Hope it helps.