• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
and the line?..sorry for the bother but just need to clarify
i am not much sure bout tht myself.....but mostly the place to draw the tranformation gets very small so it gets messy and thn u would have to remove it ...i think i would erase it in transformation..

and definately in the locus if it says tht the locus should be inside a certain shape or region so...erase any line outside it as it is not needed....and do erase it......:cool:..... but not the arcs
anything else just ask...however the ans would be in the morning at bout 6 .......

K I AM OFF..

Salute.gif

Reaction score
and the line?..sorry for the bother but just need to clarify
If question states to draw using compass and ruler,we have to show our working i.e arcs.If they are too long, erase them partially but not fully.From examiner tips:
In construction questions, if you are told to use a ruler and compasses only, then evidence
that you have done so (construction arcs) are necessary to earn all the marks, for instance
when constructing a triangle given the length of all three sides.
Draw only inside the shape,other will be ignored.

Reaction score
i am not much sure bout tht myself.....but mostly the place to draw the tranformation gets very small so it gets messy and thn u would have to remove it ...i think i would erase it in transformation..

and definately in the locus if it says tht the locus should be inside a certain shape or region so...erase any line outside it as it is not needed....and do erase it......:cool:..... but not the arcs
anything else just ask...however the ans would be in the morning at bout 6 .......

K I AM OFF..

Salute.gif
Me too ^^ Goodnight everyone!

Reaction score
If question states to draw using compass and ruler,we have to show our working i.e arcs.If they are too long, erase them partially but not fully.From examiner tips:
In construction questions, if you are told to use a ruler and compasses only, then evidence
that you have done so (construction arcs) are necessary to earn all the marks, for instance
when constructing a triangle given the length of all three sides.
Draw only inside the shape,other will be ignored.

But is the case for transformation arcs too? When finding center of rotation?
Because they never said Use compass to find it. .-.

Reaction score

K I AM OFF..

Salute.gif
In locus where they usually ask for 2 or more conditions,shud we draw a dotted/dashed line when for instance they ask us to shade the region of the point less or more than 5 cm from any pt..I mean do we draw a dotted arc coz dotted indicztes not part of and the boundary(arc line) is not included in the region

Reaction score
In locus where they usually ask for 2 or more conditions,shud we draw a dotted/dashed line when for instance they ask us to shade the region of the point less or more than 5 cm from any pt..I mean do we draw a dotted arc coz dotted indicztes not part of and the boundary(arc line) is not included in the region

I don't think so, the shading itself is the recognition of possible positions..

Reaction score
Do we have to extend the lines out of the triangle/quadrilateral when drawing locus?

Sometimes they say draw the locus INSIDE the quadrilateral, of points 3.5 cm from A, and stuff..

Since our arcs are outside, when drawing the perpendicular bisector, do we just join the arcs inside the quadrilateral, or do we join them from one arc to the other, even outside the shape given?

Reaction score
Do we have to extend the lines out of the triangle/quadrilateral when drawing locus?

Sometimes they say draw the locus INSIDE the quadrilateral, of points 3.5 cm from A, and stuff..

Since our arcs are outside, when drawing the perpendicular bisector, do we just join the arcs inside the quadrilateral, or do we join them from one arc to the other, even outside the shape given?
Do you really expect somebody to be awake at this time? :p

Reaction score

yes i we can extend it to outside