• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Yep C. Part C. that's where I got problems. A and B are easy.
See if we take the factors independently and try to take their square root we will fail will all. I mean we will get decimals
Also n is a integer.

Square root of 2^3 is decimal but 2^4 is 4.
Do this for all factors. You will find which factors are needed.

Reaction score
Yes.

But that way can't we keep extending all the factors to infinity eg. x^55, x^77 etc etc till we get a decimal or if we don't get a integer by 10 there is no chance?
We are not super computers -__-. CIE won't give you questions requiring powers higher than 10.

Reaction score
So let me clear this. For a square.

If integer has no indice, then consider the integer.
If it has a square, remove the power and consider it.
If it is cubic, then keep extending it to ^10 and finding it's square root till you get a decimal.

Right?
No you don't want decimal.

If integer has no indice, then try to take it's square/cube root. If you THINK that it contains decimals then increase the power by 1. Rinse and repeat
If it has a square, try to take it's square/cube root. If you THINK that it contains decimals then increase the power by 1. Rinse and repeat
If it is cubic,try to take it's square/cube root. If you THINK that it contains decimals then increase the power by 1. Rinse and repeat

What's square root of 2? 1.14.............
What's square root of 2^2 (4)? 2

I increased the power by 1.

Reaction score
hey guys i face difficulty multiplyng decimal nos with whole ones ..for example 0.48*48.. can anyone of u show its wrkng thru paint like how to place 48 under 0.48 pls pls asapppp..i got to leav to get readyy

Reaction score
hey guys i face difficulty multiplyng decimal nos with whole ones ..for example 0.48*48.. can anyone of u show its wrkng thru paint like how to place 48 under 0.48 pls pls asapppp..i got to leav to get readyy