• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Please help me out in 2 parts.......
a)Total area is 138.Since it has one line of symmetry other side will have half area of 69(EFAB).Then apply trapezium formula 1/2 x 6 x (16 +AF)

b)i)Divide total area by 4 to get 34.5.Then apply triangle area and solve it (1/2 x 12 x EG )

ii)Find EG and then minus it from 16 to get GB.Divide them on your calc and get ratio of 23:41

Reaction score
a)Total area is 138.Since it has one line of symmetry other side will have half area of 69(EFAB).Then apply trapezium formula 1/2 x 6 x (16 +AF)

b)i)Divide total area by 4 to get 34.5.Then apply triangle area and solve it (1/2 x 12 x EG )

ii)Find EG and then minus it from 16 to get GB.Divide them on your calc and get ratio of 23:41
Thanks!!! ab samaj aya Symmetry ko to ma bhool hi gea tha .......

Reaction score

d)Compare this sequence with above pattern of R,you will see every value of R is 3 times that of this patter e.g 3 in R 1 in this pattern so multiply it be 3 to get 3/2 (n(n+1)

e)Put 15 in the above sequence and evaluate.

f)1/2 (N+1)(N+2) I kinda remember this pattern from Past papers.You can also compare and deduce these complex patterns,notice that in D each value is one number ahead of the above pattern given e.g 1,3,6,10 in given pattern and 3,6,10,15 in D so we will add (n+1)(since each number is of the next n) to the equation.

Reaction score
I didn't quite get you. Wouldn't have been better if you made use of something called 'punctuation'. :D Just sayin'
Anyway, Zain_Rocks and @FLNRAB, you guys should find another place for posting gifs or the whole crowd will turn against you. :p
Shukr hai this username is awesome. No one can tag properly. No useless alerts.

You actually need to stop reviving this 'gif' thing after every post, please?
We aren't telling you to get annoyed by it. It's your own decision to get annoyed by it. Just sayin.

U didnt answer my question....is this ur real name.....
I can't answer without gifs.

What animal walks up a cliff with 4 legs but comes down in 3? ALWAYS. (No attack or anything, or any injury)
lol wtf?