• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Please help me with this math problem for add math
I'm Freaking Out!! :cry:
Preparation not tht good!!
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Write all answers to 3 significant figures. Questions about angles have to be answered correct to 2 decimal places. About linear law and those type of questions, there is generally an example given before. And the accuracy is generally to 2 decimal places (for decimal numbers of course).

Reaction score
3sf is preferred as far as I remember. Apart from angles, where 1 dp is required, all of A Level math had 3sf. I'm not sure if it's different for Add Math, although it shouldn't be.
But in questions like a straight line graph which we have to draw from non linear equation like y=AB^x and then we convert it to form to make it suitable for drawing straight line graph....now they will also ask to calculate values of A and B ...since it,s highly unlikely to get higher degress tht is better accuracy like 0.411 ...to how many sf shud we write is it 0.4 0.41 or 0.411 still? ...only for this type of question?
AbbbbY[/quote]

Reaction score
AbbbbY Faizan Muhammmad
and any other for tht matter...in MS they sometimes write answers in either point form like 0.5 or fraction like 24/7 and do not show any indication of OE
so wht does tht mean actually dos it mean tht the decimal or fraction equivalent is not accepted..For certain questions I know tht it,s quite clear where we have to leave in fraction form or not but talking generally abt most questions.....?

Reaction score
AbbbbY Faizan Muhammmad
and any other for tht matter...in MS they sometimes write answers in either point form like 0.5 or fraction like 24/7 and do not show any indication of OE
so wht does tht mean actually dos it mean tht the decimal or fraction equivalent is not accepted..For certain questions I know tht it,s quite clear where we have to leave in fraction form or not but talking generally abt most questions.....?

I'll tell you what Cambridge tells teachers.
The marking schemes are made for examiners, not students.

Ofcourse 1/2 and 0.5 will be acceptable unless they blatantly ask for either form. It doesn't matter as long as the answer is correct, in either form. Stop thinking about these tiny details and focus on the question itself. These things don't matter!

Reaction score
Am I correct?

Matrix answer: (3 1)
(6 1)

Trigonometry last one, 1. 101.something,
2. 150, 30 and something
3. 45 degree
the graph sketching question. k + 3 or -3?