• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths (Paper 3)

Reaction score
fusionistics said:
Guys how do you show that something is the only root of an equation

put its solution into the equation and should equal to zero. for example if the root is (2X+3) then substitute -3/2 into the equation and you should get zero.

Reaction score
reekx94 said:
fusionistics said:
Guys how do you show that something is the only root of an equation

put its solution into the equation and should equal to zero. for example if the root is (2X+3) then substitute -3/2 into the equation and you should get zero.

But won't that only show that it's A root of the equation. Or would it also show that it's the only one?

Reaction score
if u have a polynomial divide by the root like(x+3) and get the quadratic and it should have no real roots

Reaction score
if the equation is quadratic, then b^2 _ 4ac shud be equal to zero.if its less than zero no root..if it is greater than zero, there r 2 roots....

Reaction score
listennnnn wen asked to draw argand diagram should v draw it on graph paper ya phr on paper

Reaction score
interview_success.png

Reaction score
Yo, good people out there. I know your not in the mood, but please, answer november 2003 Q7 (iii)
I took the arg for the point (-1+2i) How did the arg become 2.21?? Im getting 2.03

Reaction score
just finished the paper, it was quiet easy comparing to last year, I actually don't like it because it will bring the grade threshold very high T_T

Reaction score
deathvalley said:
just finished the paper, it was quiet easy comparing to last year, I actually don't like it because it will bring the grade threshold very high T_T

Which paper did you guys give?

I did P32 and it was horrible.