• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need help about Retake peocedure.

Reaction score
I was expecting A* in Bio but I got B. So I want to retake it and one other subject.

Is the fee for retake same as that for first time paper?
Can I just appear in 1 or 2 papers out of 5?
After Retake the certificate that I will be issued will have all the grades or just the ones I retook?

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

Is rechecking actually worth a shot? I mean, do the grades actually change? What are the chances? And if one is convinced that he did better than what he got, should he go for it? Also, what are the charges per subject and do they refund the fee if your grade changes?

Thank you so much!

Reaction score
kindly tell me one thing, if i want to retake my as level bio physics and maths exam, then do i have the choice to repeat only the papers which i desire like in physics i want to appear for as structured question paper only, in maths m1 only, in bio structured questions only. so it possible or do i have to repeat all the papers if i decide to have a retake? thanks

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

Is rechecking actually worth a shot? I mean, do the grades actually change? What are the chances? And if one is convinced that he did better than what he got, should he go for it? Also, what are the charges per subject and do they refund the fee if your grade changes?

Thank you so much!
i so wanna know that.

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

Thank you so much!

well its only worth a shot if ur confident and u noe tht u have done really really well !! i have been through dis i got a B in english in IGCSE and was shocked! so i went through da process of re checking ! da procedure is mentioned below!

da price is in SAUDI RIYALS as of 2011. CONTACT UR SCHOOL TO GET ACCURATE INFO!. there is a form u have to fill.......:

For a re-check without report the cost is SR425- for an IGCSE subject, SR285- for each AS/A2 component and SR505- for AS or A2 as a whole.
For a re-check with report, the cost is SR890 for an IGCSE subject, SR565- for each AS/A2 component and SR1,100- for AS or A2 as a whole.

and guess what................

i got my grade changed to an A ! and they gave me a refund...i did it without da report.... BUT IF YOUR GRADE DOES NOT CHANGE THEN NO REFUND :p

i hope tht helps.

Reaction score
kindly tell me one thing, if i want to retake my as level bio physics and maths exam, then do i have the choice to repeat only the papers which i desire like in physics i want to appear for as structured question paper only, in maths m1 only, in bio structured questions only. so it possible or do i have to repeat all the papers if i decide to have a retake? thanks

YOU WISH.....................................

u cannot do tht tht only happens in EDEXCEL where u can repaet sepearate modules..

u have to repeat da corresponding set, for da particulars mentioned above u have to repeat da AS level for tht subject.

Reaction score
well its only worth a shot if ur confident and u noe tht u have done really really well !! i have been through dis i got a B in english in IGCSE and was shocked! so i went through da process of re checking ! da procedure is mentioned below!

da price is in SAUDI RIYALS as of 2011. CONTACT UR SCHOOL TO GET ACCURATE INFO!. there is a form u have to fill.......:

For a re-check without report the cost is SR425- for an IGCSE subject, SR285- for each AS/A2 component and SR505- for AS or A2 as a whole.
For a re-check with report, the cost is SR890 for an IGCSE subject, SR565- for each AS/A2 component and SR1,100- for AS or A2 as a whole.

i got my grade changed to an A ! and they gave me a refund...i did it without da report.... BUT IF YOUR GRADE DOES NOT CHANGE THEN NO REFUND :p

i hope tht helps.

Thank you for the info. But that's quite a lot of money. :/

Reaction score
Whats the fee for A Level Retake?
What paper combinations can i retake for A Level Maths?? I took P1 P3 M1 and S1. (A in M1 and very bad in rest of them)
After Retake the certificate that I will be issued will have grades of previous subjects too?or just the maths that I retook?

PLEASE REPLY ASAP!

Reaction score

i hope tht helps.
heyy! one option mentioned is a clerical re-check i heard that in that option they only see if they graded all the questions and the option after that is the one where they actually READ YOUR answers....is that true?
and the one with the report, do they give ur papers to you or what?
thanks a lot in advance :D

Reaction score
heyy! one option mentioned is a clerical re-check i heard that in that option they only see if they graded all the questions and the option after that is the one where they actually READ YOUR answers....is that true?
and the one with the report, do they give ur papers to you or what?
thanks a lot in advance :D
Ya you guessed it right!!!
There are different options:-
1.where they recount the marks
2.where they check your answer in detail and mark you again if any changes
3.where u get a copy of ur paper

Reaction score
i m choosing the option which states:
A full clerical re-check for an individual candidate with a copy of the script.
here they re read my answers and asses again right? along with sending me the copy of the paper? :S
thankyou :D

Reaction score
here they re read my answers and asses again right? along with sending me the copy of the paper? :S
enquiry by syllabus or component?

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

Thank you so much!
Well if you're a 100% sure your paper was way better than the grade you got then you should go for it. There is a chance that you would get your grade improved. But you should only go for it if you're very confident about it or usually it isn't worth it and ends in only getting your money wasted. About 2 students out of every 20 get their grades changed. There are different levels of checking ranging from approximately 5,000 to 14,000 (I'm not sure about the exact figures you can check them on the cie website or your school). Yes they do refund your money if your grade is changed and they issue a new certificate for you stating your new grade in the subject. But you better do it quick because I think the re-checking window will be closing fast. Anyway good luck :)

Just want to tell you they do not anymore send you the copy of your paper. They did send it in the past but they have stopped sending the copy anymore as they do not reveal the percentage of the student and with the copy the student can get to know his/her marks so they have stopped sending the copy they will just re-check your paper with a fees of I think 14,000. Good luck to you I hope your grade is improved too :)