• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need help about Retake peocedure.

Reaction score
Well if you're a 100% sure your paper was way better than the grade you got then you should go for it. There is a chance that you would get your grade improved. But you should only go for it if you're very confident about it or usually it isn't worth it and ends in only getting your money wasted. About 2 students out of every 20 get their grades changed. There are different levels of checking ranging from approximately 5,000 to 14,000 (I'm not sure about the exact figures you can check them on the cie website or your school). Yes they do refund your money if your grade is changed and they issue a new certificate for you stating your new grade in the subject. But you better do it quick because I think the re-checking window will be closing fast. Anyway good luck :)

Just want to tell you they do not anymore send you the copy of your paper. They did send it in the past but they have stopped sending the copy anymore as they do not reveal the percentage of the student and with the copy the student can get to know his/her marks so they have stopped sending the copy they will just re-check your paper with a fees of I think 14,000. Good luck to you I hope your grade is improved too :)
whats is enquiry by syllabus? does it involve all papers being checked....?

Reaction score
thank you :D but i was wondering if they do not send me the copy of the paper then why did they mention "along with the script" ? :S and also they are charging higher for this check :/

Reaction score
whats is enquiry by syllabus? does it involve all papers being checked....?
I'm not sure about that you might want to ask your school administration about this.

thank you :D but i was wondering if they do not send me the copy of the paper then why did they mention "along with the script" ? :S and also they are charging higher for this check :/
I don't know why they still mention it. They did send a copy of the script till the may-june 2010 session but stopped sending copies after that. I know this because a friend of mine got her paper re-checked in 2011 may-june session and she asked all the details from our school administration. But you should still confirm it from your school to be sure. It may be our school could have been confused by the change in policies.