• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need Help With Subjects Going Abroad 5 Subjects or 8?

Reaction score
I am Canadian national and i am in Pakistan at the time and i have decided to do o levels and i heard that if you have to go abroad after o level or A levels you can give 5 subjects and skip the 3 Pakistan studies Islamist and Urdu and i am kind of weak in them.. so is it true and can we do it? I am 100% sure that i have to go to Canada after o levels or a levels and someone also said even if u dont have to go u can give the 3 subjects later too. What do you guys recommend? and tell me is it better to go to Canada after o levels or a levels in medical field. Thanks in Advance

Reaction score
Okay
As far as I know you can skip those 3 subjects. If you want to give them you give the, within one year of your olevel exam. So if you gave the rest minimum 5 subjects in June 2013, you must give Pakistan studies, Islamist and Urdu by June 2014 (not later than that)

Now, look your Alevel admission depends on your olevel grades. Normally to get into a good Alevel school 8a's are bare minimum. If you don't get into a good Alevel school you won't get good teacher recommendations, opportunities for debates, dramatics etc

All these things decide your university admissions. Further, 5A in olevels isn't a big deal for a university. So I would say stick with 8 and maybe add more. By Grace of God I gave 14. Had 12a* and 2a. Why can't you?

One more thing. In Canada you need ALevel Maths for just about any course except literature and history I think. S you must keep Maths in alevels
Also, medicine in Canada is long. 7 years I guess. You must do a pre-med (bachelor is science etc) followed by 4 years mbbs I think. I'm not sure about costs for a Canadian citizen but for a Pakistani they are 22lakh annually. I had a friend who is a Canadian national, he gt a scholarship amid was required to pay only 2lakh a year.

So if you aim for 10A's in olevel, 4A's in Alevel (phy,chem,bio and math) along with activities like debates and stuff them you can easily get a large scholarship.

Reaction score
Any thing you achieve, must be on national level. You must win debating championships (part of Pakistani team) etc. otherwise participation certificates don't count much. Winning is the real deal

Which school do you study in? City?

Reaction score
NOoo im not in a school im giving it privately but my admission would go from LLC school, and i might go after o levels to Canada. I am in lahore in green hall academy gulberg.