• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

October/November 2013 Results Discussion

Reaction score
comment please on my results
AS: Business B, Maths: D, Accounting: D, English: E
Should I retake AS or its fine so I can move for A2 in next Oct-Nov.

Reaction score
guyzz i have taken physics, maths, chemistry, and AICT
and my marks are Physics-87(a^) , Chemistry-82(a^) , Maths-96(a^) and AICT-84(a^)
shoould i go for resitting becoz i want A* in all 4
plzzz suggest me

Reaction score
I got theses in AS lvl...
maths:85
phy:86
bio:85
business studies:50...........

good luck with ur results.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I took Physics, Bio, chem and maths and I gotten a really bad results which are C, C, D, and E (respectively)... I know it's my own fault, for I had been really last minute and lazy, i did not practice hard enough and was abit slow upon finishing the questions
Now I feel really depressed and I dunno what to do, I still havent gotten the courage to tell my parent about it, I know the best option is to retake, but it cost 400 per subject in my country, which is quite expensive for my parent. (although it's still affordable for them, i feel ashamed about the fact I wasted their money)
I just wanna ask for opinions what should i do now, should I drop out? and attempt other easier course? or should I just work really really hard in A2 to balance my results, (I just hope I can enter Uni, but is it possible since my i got an E in maths?)
sorry for the long message, i just hope someone out there who understands my struggle able to give me some advices

Reaction score
Hey guys, I took Physics, Bio, chem and maths and I gotten a really bad results which are C, C, D, and E (respectively)... I know it's my own fault, for I had been really last minute and lazy, i did not practice hard enough and was abit slow upon finishing the questions
Now I feel really depressed and I dunno what to do, I still havent gotten the courage to tell my parent about it, I know the best option is to retake, but it cost 400 per subject in my country, which is quite expensive for my parent. (although it's still affordable for them, i feel ashamed about the fact I wasted their money)
I just wanna ask for opinions what should i do now, should I drop out? and attempt other easier course? or should I just work really really hard in A2 to balance my results, (I just hope I can enter Uni, but is it possible since my i got an E in maths?)
sorry for the long message, i just hope someone out there who understands my struggle able to give me some advices
Repeat it, the dissapointment will last a little while. But uni will stick with you for life. I did really bad last year and redis them and got pretty good results since i studied my ass off.

Reaction score
Repeat it, the dissapointment will last a little while. But uni will stick with you for life. I did really bad last year and redis them and got pretty good results since i studied my ass off.

I'm just afraid, will it be hectic since I'm gonna do my A2 as well?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got my AS results few days ago... I took Physics, Bio, chem and maths and I gotten a really bad results which are C, C, D, and E (respectively)... I know it's my own fault, for I had been really last minute and lazy, i did not practice hard enough and was abit slow upon finishing the questions

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got my AS results few days ago... I took Physics, Bio, chem and maths and I gotten a really bad results which are C, C, D, and E (respectively)... I know it's my own fault, for I had been really last minute and lazy, i did not practice hard enough and was abit slow upon finishing the questions

i'm sorry to hear and can understand ur situation
according to what u have said and my own experience too, i feel yyou should not drop out
the best option is to repeat AS level year again
but if you go for repeating the subjects along with ur current grade 12 (A2), it will be HELL lot of trouble. Many good students also can't strike a balance. so its better that you repeat grade 11 again and work hard from day one. or if you want to repeat the subjects then you should consider taking A2 exams a bit late than the actual year you are going to appear for.
if u seriously want to consider entering a good university, i suggest that you take the 4 sunbjects (which u have already taken) at AS and then drop any one u don't need at A2
then u will be in safe position
as far as changing the curriculum is concerned, Cambridge is far better than edexcel in terms of the syllabus and paper structure.
good luck with ur choice and it's alright even if u have not got the result u wanted
its not too late to have a new start and i appreciate that u accepted ur fault. thats wise thinking and a sign of maturity.