• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O'levels Literature Candidates in HERE.

Reaction score
i am taking wuthering heights as well by the way how are you studying for it ???
also wuthering heights have been in the syllabubs in 2011 and 2012 so you can check that if you are looking for past paper questions about it
You know what? Prepare really nicely for Catherine, and everything related to her. There's a high chance of her coming. Heathcliff too obviously but I think Catherine's going to come in empathic task.
Well, Im memorising the quotations, I have a set of points my teacher gave to us which tells us what to write in passage based questions, I know the novel by heart now and then we have past papers. I thinks its sufficient.

Reaction score
Okay so the way to answer the questions is, One from EACH Section and one from any section of your choice. Over all 4 questions have to be attempted.

Reaction score
Okay so the way to answer the questions is, One from EACH Section and one from any section of your choice. Over all 4 questions have to be attempted.
Kinza, You've told wrong format to
attempt. The paper it self says,
Attempt questions from at least 2
sections and from three different set
Texts. If you've any doubt , go and
check the Syllabus or any papers
Instructions. Thankyou

Reaction score
No, Sorry. Its Literature ( 2010 ) we're talking about here.
oh well, sorry for the misconception then!
you know what is so weird, is that you guys have the same exact paper and the same exact questions as one of our papers and the only difference is that you guys take only one paper while we have to choose 2 papers out of 5 and must study 4 texts (poetry , prose , drama and another one of any of the previous categories) in code 0486!! or else take an unseen papers.

Reaction score
oh well, sorry for the misconception then!
you know what is so weird, is that you guys have the same exact paper and the same exact questions as one of our papers and the only difference is that you guys take only one paper while we have to choose 2 papers out of 5 and must study 4 texts (poetry , prose , drama and another one of any of the previous categories) in code 0486!! or else take an unseen papers.
You guys have tough time than us. Well, our is much easier than yours. Still, good luck :D

Reaction score
Kinza, You've told wrong format to
attempt. The paper it self says,
Attempt questions from at least 2
sections and from three different set
Texts. If you've any doubt , go and
check the Syllabus or any papers
Instructions. Thankyou
not possible. are you seriously sure you are talking about 2010? i have been told to attempt a question from each section namely drama, prose and poetry and one question from any one section of my choice.

Reaction score
not possible. are you seriously sure you are talking about 2010? i have been told to attempt a question from each section namely drama, prose and poetry and one question from any one section of my choice.
Yes, I'm taking the same paper. Download any paper, May/June 2012 and read the Instructions given at the start of the Paper. Its states : ' Answer 4 questions. Your questions must be from either three, or four different set texts. Your questions must be taken from at least Two of these sections I.e Drama, Prose and Poetry :)

Reaction score
Yes, I'm taking the same paper. Download any paper, May/June 2012 and read the Instructions given at the start of the Paper. Its states : ' Answer 4 questions. Your questions must be from either three, or four different set texts. Your questions must be taken from at least Two of these sections I.e Drama, Prose and Poetry :)
okay but i dont think it will be wrong if i do questions from each of the 3 sections since i have a play, a novel and poetry in my syllabus.

Reaction score
I'm doing 'The English Teacher' and 'A View From The Bridge'. Honestly i'm not as worried for poetry as I am for the drama and prose.

Reaction score
Yeah. The second question of the tempest was a bit tricky, and I used a few pretentious words...otherwise it was so so

Reaction score
Literature on whole was just Okayy, questions were tricky. I used my all knowledge, but still failed to write much. I ended writing just 1 and a Half page for each question which I think is Poor :/ Lack of practice troubled the most. Time-management was yet another problem. Just 'Okay' Paper.

Reaction score
Compared to the questions we did in school, I'd say the paper was pretty easy, especially the Death of a Salesman questions. And the first question from Stories of Ourselves had been done in our class, too. But the thing with literature is that you never know what you're going to get until you get it.
And in case anyone cares, I did questions from Death of a Salesman, The Importance of Being Earnest and Stories of Ourselves.
Here's hoping for A*'s for everyone.

Reaction score
Compared to the questions we did in school, I'd say the paper was pretty easy, especially the Death of a Salesman questions. And the first question from Stories of Ourselves had been done in our class, too. But the thing with literature is that you never know what you're going to get until you get it.
And in case anyone cares, I did questions from Death of a Salesman, The Importance of Being Earnest and Stories of Ourselves.
Here's hoping for A*'s for everyone.
The text based question from stories of ourselves? As in the exact extract? :O wow lucky for u :p