• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O'levels Literature Candidates in HERE.

Reaction score
The text based question from stories of ourselves? As in the exact extract? :O wow lucky for u :p
Yeah, the same. And we had done the extract question from The Importance of Being Earnest, too, in our mock exams though the passage we got in school was slightly longer.

Reaction score
i would say it was OK did pretty good in wuthering heights and the tempest however i didn't get to finish the question about the poem although it was very easy because we done a similar one in class i guess time management was my biggest problem only got to write about a page or 3/4 of a page in the poem. but how to improve the time management problem when we don't really have a past paper to practice if somebody knows please tell me cause i have a paper on Thursday for midsummer nights dream.

Reaction score
I found this resource online, after the exam, unfortunately. =_= But you might be able to use it to see what matter you have to include in your answers, so that you're able to finish your exam on time. I usually have a similar problem, but this time I sorta tackled it. For each answer, I wrote two or two and a half pages and then I moved on to the next question. After I was done with my exam, I started filling in more details to my previous answers. One of them actually ended up being around four and a half pages. o_O So I guess you could try that, too. Plus I attempted the questions I was sure about, first, because I'd obviously have more material to include in their answers. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 2010_Literature_in_English_Example_Candidate_Responses_Booklet_.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 36
Reaction score
Compared to the questions we did in school, I'd say the paper was pretty easy, especially the Death of a Salesman questions. And the first question from Stories of Ourselves had been done in our class, too. But the thing with literature is that you never know what you're going to get until you get it.
And in case anyone cares, I did questions from Death of a Salesman, The Importance of Being Earnest and Stories of Ourselves.
Here's hoping for A*'s for everyone.
I took Literature as an Extra subject, without any guidance or Tuition's I prepared for the paper. I wrore answers of 1 and a half page for all which I think is poor length. But I did included all the points I had. How can I expect even an A with my short heighted questions? I attempt questions based on the Tempest, Death of the Salesman, and nervous Condtions.

Reaction score
I took Literature as an Extra subject, without any guidance or Tuition's I prepared for the paper. I wrore answers of 1 and a half page for all which I think is poor length. But I did included all the points I had. How can I expect even an A with my short heighted questions? I attempt questions based on the Tempest, Death of the Salesman, and nervous Condtions.
the thing about lit is you never know it all depends on the examiner if he likes your essays or not :/ so now we can just hope IA we all will get A*

Reaction score
I think the paper was tricky. I wrote a lot though, like at least 5 pages for a single question but Idk why I'm still not satisfied. Questions were a little ..... confusing or perhaps different?

Reaction score
I think the paper was tricky. I wrote a lot though, like at least 5 pages for a single question but Idk why I'm still not satisfied. Questions were a little ..... confusing or perhaps different?

Reaction score
I barely wrote 2 pages per answer...I go astray when I write longer. Anyhow, what's u guys wrote in the gonzalo question. His uropian vision highlighted his naiivity while his quote in the banquet scene 'their manner is more genteel kind than our human generation' showed how wise he is. What else was there to write about :S

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if I am allowed to attempt a question on a text that I haven't prepared for in school? We're doing Caesar, Stories of Ourselves and Songs of Ourselves but I would like to attempt an Importance of Being Earnest emphatic question if it is one that I think I can do well and like.
I asked a couple of friends and they say that I can't because the school sends them their own syllabus... so? Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if I am allowed to attempt a question on a text that I haven't prepared for in school? We're doing Caesar, Stories of Ourselves and Songs of Ourselves but I would like to attempt an Importance of Being Earnest emphatic question if it is one that I think I can do well and like.
I asked a couple of friends and they say that I can't because the school sends them their own syllabus... so? Can anyone help?

I don't really know if you can, but, this shouldn't make much of a difference as long as you do justice to the question. But even then, to be on the safer side, go with the ones your school chose for you.
I have Importance Of Being Earnest, Stories Of Ourselves, and Songs Of Ourselves.