• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O'levels Literature Candidates in HERE.

Reaction score
Its just few days to go for Literature. How's your preparation? What questions you've selected? And how are you preparing?
If you think you've any material which might help Literature students, kindly post it here. Any guess paper, advice or help will be appreciated.
As syllabus is changed, we've no past papers resources, so how are you guys doing it?
And those who've Already been through Literature, can you guide us about what should be In your answer, how long it should be as 25 marks are too High for a single Answer. This Thread is for all Literature students as Literature doesn't get any promotion but I'll surely say, Its the subject with a lot of credits.

Thank you,
Comment. Help. Ask.

Reaction score
do you mean the type of questions this year isn't same as in the past papers? what's the change in the syllabus? i intend to answer 3 passage-based questions and 1 essay

Reaction score
Yes, I meant that Novels are changed, most of them.
How are you practising? You've any guide for us. Guess paper or something? and from which novels you Intend to amswer on?

Reaction score
i studied The Great Gatsby, Death of A Salesman, (both were in the exams in the past two years) and The Importance of Being Earnest. many websites have help me study: shmoop, litcharts, sparknotes, etc. i'm not yet well prepared for the exam.. the essays i've written didn't include quotes. today i'm gonna practice that. what books did you prepare for?

Reaction score
I have short poems in my syllabus, Wuthering Heights and Julius Caesar. Anyone with the same syllabus??

Reaction score
I'm doing, The Tempest. Death of a Salesman, and Nervous Conditions. Weelll, I'm prepared with the novels but get offended by the Fact we've no Past paper resources so We're now on our own. Anyone with any kinda resource, Please post it here so? Your kind act might help one getting A in Literature, which for me is like catching the sky from here. I'm quite worried -.- Help people :D

Reaction score
Its just few days to go for Literature. How's your preparation? What questions you've selected? And how are you preparing?
If you think you've any material which might help Literature students, kindly post it here. Any guess paper, advice or help will be appreciated.
As syllabus is changed, we've no past papers resources, so how are you guys doing it?
And those who've Already been through Literature, can you guide us about what should be In your answer, how long it should be as 25 marks are too High for a single Answer. This Thread is for all Literature students as Literature doesn't get any promotion but I'll surely say, Its the subject with a lot of credits.

Thank you,
Comment. Help. Ask.
guys d syllabus changed

but what about the format ???
how many qstns do we hav to do frm each section???

Reaction score
I have short poems in my syllabus, Wuthering Heights and Julius Caesar. Anyone with the same syllabus??
i am taking wuthering heights as well by the way how are you studying for it ???
also wuthering heights have been in the syllabubs in 2011 and 2012 so you can check that if you are looking for past paper questions about it

Reaction score
I'm doing, The Tempest. Death of a Salesman, and Nervous Conditions. Weelll, I'm prepared with the novels but get offended by the Fact we've no Past paper resources so We're now on our own. Anyone with any kinda resource, Please post it here so? Your kind act might help one getting A in Literature, which for me is like catching the sky from here. I'm quite worried -.- Help people :D
i am taking the tempest as well and i use prezi.com to check presentations about it you should check it out just go to explore and write the name of the text in the search box !
btw how r u studying are we supposed to read the text once again or what

Reaction score
guys d syllabus changed

but what about the format ???
how many qstns do we have to do frm each section???
i guess it is still the same format and same questions as before my teacher told me the questions format will change from 2015 on wards not now as there will be no emphatic question and everybody will have to do an unseen paper from then

Reaction score
here are some poetry notes a guy named alex 10 here added and some questions my teacher gave us
the questions are labeled the tempest but they include questions about songs of ourselves , the tempest , wuthering heights and midsummer nights dream

Attachments

• TEMPEST.docx
    15.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IGCSE Poetry 2.pdf
    268.2 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
Guys, I'll prefer you to do Set Texts which are new as We're the new candidates to attempt them, and so therefoe our Marking scale will be low as compared to Texts which are been there since 2 Years. I'm doing this way.

Prepare yourself Fully about the novel. Write essay the best you can. Your answer should be on grounds of the question and support the main theme of it. Try to spend time firstly on understanding the questions. And do anywhere around here take tuition's for Literature?

Its just 2 days left and you're asking about paper format and layout. May God Help you :') Good luck guys :D Any help, feel free to post.

Reaction score
You've to do 4 Questions in the paper. Your questions should be from any 2 Sections, and should be based on at least 3 Set Texts. 1 Set Text contains 3 questions. You've large variety of choice.

Reaction score
You've to do 4 Questions in the paper. Your questions should be from any 2 Sections, and should be based on at least 3 Set Texts. 1 Set Text contains 3 questions. You've large variety of choice.
arent you taking literature syllabus code 0486 ??